Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 835434 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #10005 on: September 07, 2023, 02:33:23 PM »
It's plural Jack, so ditching the first letter works just fine as far as I can see.

I am still trying to decode the rest.  :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 03:30:00 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: September 07, 2023, 05:24:36 PM »
It was a great match but sadly the Kiwis got the better of us! 

Hi Pen,

Those cousins from across the ditch are damnably brilliant.  Now you know how we feel when we take them on at Rugby.

Our grey nomad friends are back home in Bowral where they started 22500 km. ago on 17 March.

Blue hates his Sheila’s cat so much he drives to the next suburb and dumps it. When he gets home it's there.

Next day he drives 50 miles out into the bush and dumps it. When he gets home it's there again.

So next day he drives to the other side of the Queensland and dumps it.

6 hours later he rings Sheila and asks "Is the cat home?"

"Yes. Why?" asks the Sheila.
Blue says "Can you put him on the phone, I'm lost!!.

Gotta get back to solving a puzzle. :D
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: September 07, 2023, 06:34:45 PM »

My rebus is a funny expression that Zoe messaged me this morning. 

#3 1 #3 2 #5 6 (#2 + #4)

Hi Jack

June is quite correct  :)  The word count should have been as I've shown above.  I'm blaming the heat.  It's the only excuse I've got ;D

Those cousins from across the ditch are damnably brilliant.  Now you know how we feel when we take them on at Rugby.

Our grey nomad friends are back home in Bowral where they started 22500 km. ago on 17 March.

You're quite right - they are amazing at both cricket and rugby :)

I had to ask Ms Google, but your nomad friends have travelled just under 14,000 miles in a little over five months :o  Wow that's incredible and what an adventure :)  Do they know that somebody's pinched the top half of their caravan? >:D :laugh:  Seriously, they're great pictures :)

I'm picking Barbs up in an hour or so and we're going back to the woods for a walk in the shade.  It just seems to be getting hotter and hotter and more humid by the minute.  I'm really struggling with it :(  Finding it hard to sleep now.

On a more cheerful note Blue made me laugh out loud - hilarious :laugh:

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to attempt another rebus at the moment.  Feeling a bit of a pillock.

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: September 07, 2023, 06:39:31 PM »

It's plural Jack, so ditching the first letter works just fine as far as I can see.

Thanks Yvonne :)  Glad it made a bit of sense to somebody in spite of my silly cock up!

Pen

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: September 08, 2023, 03:01:43 PM »
Hi Penny.  My brain might be a bit messed up....but I got it, too.
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: September 08, 2023, 09:03:47 PM »
Thanks Moyra :)  Don't feel such a twerp now :laugh:  Pennyx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: September 08, 2023, 11:04:30 PM »
Hi Jack

It's stultifying today :(  Not a puff of wind and I'm very tired after waking up several times in the night in a sweaty puddle :-Y Sorry probably far too much information :laugh:

I'm going to risk a rebus!  It's an episode of a series set in the country of the team which beat us at cricket on Tuesday.  I used the series as a rebus fairly recently.

#4 #3 #4 #5 #5

You're not interested in Mr Marley in picture one.  You need his hair! Please lose the second letter and then use the first four letters you're left with. Please use the American spelling for picture two and replace the fourth letter with an apostrophe.   Please pretend it's all on one line.
I've checked, checked and checked again :laugh:  Hopefully no blunders today.

Kylie told me that Blue went to the local florists.  He asked the assistant for some potted geraniums.  The lady repled "I'm sorry we don't have any geraniums - will polyanthus do instead?"
Blue signed and said "No it was the geraniums that my wife Sheila told me to water while she was away visiting her sister"

This silly cartoon tickled me ;D  I can't parallel park for toffee  >:D  I'm sure our regular lady viewers don't have the same problem :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 11:10:29 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: September 09, 2023, 05:21:19 AM »
Hopefully no blunders today.

Hi Pen,

A great rebus but you might check if the American spelling clue applies to picture 3.

I had my first pool session of the season yesterday.  A bit cool but it’s good to be able to get back into a fitness schedule.  I got very slack over winter.

I am sorry to hear about your sleeping problems. Have you tried sleeping on top of the bed clothes naked?  :D

Sheila sent Blue a text, “Your great”.

Blue replied with a text, “No, you’re great”

Sheila has been walking around all happy and smiling.

Now here’s a question for you.  Should he tell her that he was just correcting her grammar or leave it?

:-Z
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 05:29:59 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: September 09, 2023, 11:42:30 AM »
Soooo close, Penny....so close!!!  :D :D ;)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: September 09, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »
Hi Again Pen,

Blue was at the art gallery studying the belly buttons on a picture of Adam and Eve.  He told me that was ridiculous.  Think about it.

Sheila tried cooking with wine.  After the fifth glass she couldn’t even remember why she was in the kitchen.

The editor of the longest running magazine in the world went to a psychiatrist because the pressure of finding new ideas was getting to him.  The psychiatrist admitted he had a lot of issues.

The answer to my rebus is where you find the skeleton of Arkle who was simply known as “Himself.” I got the idea for the rebus while I was watching a replay of yesterday’s golf.

#5  #8  #4 #5 6(#2 #2 #2)

Picture 1.  2 words (5, 6).  You need the second first word.
Picture 2.  3 words (3,5,8).  Famous horse race run annually at Aintree since 1839. You need the third word.
Picture 3.  2 words (4,8).  You need the first word.
Picture 5.  Initials.
Picture 6.  Drop the last letter.
Picture 7.  Anagram of the answer to picture 5

« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 04:40:30 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: September 09, 2023, 03:35:16 PM »
? Picture 1...2nd word..?

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: September 09, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »
Hi Moyra,

Thanks for that.  I am losing the plot.  I was concerned that some people might think the second word might only be 5 letters rather than 6 given the different spelling of the Scottish product.  No excuse though, I goofed. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 04:42:28 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: September 09, 2023, 08:30:53 PM »
Only human? Really? Too many cool dips in the pool, I think. It might be Queensland and Spring but definitely too chilly for me!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: September 09, 2023, 10:39:21 PM »
Soooo close, Penny....so close!!!  :D :D ;)

I know Moyra - very frustrating!  8/10 must try harder  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: September 09, 2023, 11:40:16 PM »

The answer to my rebus is where you find the skeleton of Arkle who was simply known as “Himself.” I got the idea for the rebus while I was watching a replay of yesterday’s golf.

Picture 1.  2 words (5, 6).  You need the second first word.

Hi Jack

In spite of your teeny goof that was a great rebus :)  I did wonder if you'd been imbibing in picture one >:D  or perhaps the cold water was a shock to the brain :laugh:  Your plot is well and truly where it needs to be!

As well as Arkle is there any possibility that Shergar might be there as well?  Wonder what happened to the poor sod.  Doubt we'll ever know.

My rebus is another of our funny expressions.  Zoe said it a little earlier.

#4 #3 #4 #3 #3 #5 1 #5 #2

A

You need just one in picture two and change the first letter.  Please lose the first four letters and the last letter of picture three. Please lose the last letter of picture four and make a homophone.  Just one of the two words in picture five. Please ignore the cute waggy dog in picture seven and lose the first letter of picture eight.  One other homophone and please pretend it's all on one line.

I am sorry to hear about your sleeping problems. Have you tried sleeping on top of the bed clothes naked?  :D

I did try sleeping on top of the duvet last night but haven't tried it in the nude :laugh:  I crawled back under the duvet in the middle of the night.