Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 11155 times)

Lainey

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »
Les - I do think things have gone off on quite a tangent!!  :)

Les303

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
' I've been playing this game for a few years now and never posted. Just thought it was about time I said hello to all my fellow Chihuahua players out there! "

Lainey , your first venture into the forum with your very nice " hello " post has indeed been hijacked & morphed into several other subjects.

This is not uncommon in the forum.

Quite often , a post such as a word suggestion will be put up , but by the time that our administrator gets around to answering the original query , he usually has to start by saying " getting back to the original question " & that is because another forumite will pick up on some aspect of the original query & go off on some other tangent which then opens it up to even more variations .

Bottom line is that the originator of the post gets the credit for the number of views which in your case is approaching 700. ( Alan , would that be some sort of record for a first time poster ? )

lanaroady

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2019, 06:12:45 PM »
Les in answer to your question I live in the southwest of Western Australia. On a rural property on the outskirts of a small town called Kirup. I share my home with my partner, a dog and hundreds of kangaroos which emerge from the surrounding bush every evening.

It was just the starting because of no use the little are mostly called kirup
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:23:35 AM by Alan W »

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2019, 09:49:37 PM »
Hi lanaroady. Not quite sure what your post meant, but welcome to the forum.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2019, 12:29:23 AM »
Yes, welcome to the forum lanaroady, and that was an interesting hyperlink to the redadair site that you added to the quote from Lainey.  We all need a testerone boost from time to time.
Regards, Jack

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
Well spotted, Jack. I've edited landlady's post to remove that link, which had presumably been inserted as advertising. (For those who missed it, the site sells online pharmaceuticals, including testosterone.)

I'm afraid lanaroady has joined the forum with ulterior motives.

UPDATE: "landlady"? Blame it on autocorrect.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:50:25 AM by Alan W »
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »
It was just the starting because of no use the little are mostly called kirup

I'm still trying to work out what the message could possibly mean.
Even Google Translator on speed couldn't have come up with this.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
Mike, I suspect we were meant to be confused by the message and so prompted to click on the now deleted hyperlink to see if it would help explain the text.
Regards, Jack

3polxin

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 06:41:39 PM »
I hope I can contribute to this forum too....
Nice to see you all....

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2019, 05:08:57 AM »
A belated welcome to the forum, 3polxin.  I am sure you can make valuable contributions to the forum.

To my shame, I know very little about Indonesia and Java in general and Banten in particular. I suspect though I am not alone in this.   Perhaps you could tell us a little bit about it.
Regards, Jack

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »

Meanwhile, returning to Lainey and her bird table visitors ... :)

When my brother was alive, and living in the Brisbane area, he used to have all sorts of exotica turning up in his garden in the morning ... Galahs, Rosellas, the occasional flock of wild Budgies, he used to have a veritable feathered rainbow turning up to feast upon the bird table offerings!

However, he told me that while the plumage of many of these birds is glorious to behold, the racket they make is, ahem, an acquired taste. Rosellas can be racuous to the point of inducing deafness if they gather for any length of time, and Galahs, of course, have a legendary reputation for noisy squawking. I found out the hard way about Rosellas, when someone living about half a mile or so from my home decided to keep a flock of these in a large back garden aviary. The birds in question were Eastern Rosellas - achingly beautiful rainbow coloured plumage, but boy, could those things pump out the decibels!
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...