Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 11217 times)

Lainey

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Hello there!
« on: November 21, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »
I've been playing this game for a few years now and never posted. Just thought it was about time I said hello to all my fellow Chihuahua players out there!  :)

drs

• Logologist
    • View Profile
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:44:41 PM »
Hi Lainey. Welcome to the forum.

David

Les303

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
And a big hello & welcome from Les 303 , but Lainey you don't get off that easy , you have to at least tell us which part of the world you are in.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 05:03:25 PM »
Hi Lainey. Welcome aboard.

Good to hear from you.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Lainey

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
Les in answer to your question I live in the southwest of Western Australia. On a rural property on the outskirts of a small town called Kirup. I share my home with my partner, a dog and hundreds of kangaroos which emerge from the surrounding bush every evening.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 07:00:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Lainey. Would I be correct in thinking that you're graced with my favourite Australian bird where you live, namely the splendid fairywren?

Les303

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »
Lainey , that sounds like a lovely lifestyle & an idyllic place to be living , so different to my current situation where I am living in an apartment complex in the heart of Brisbane city , just be sure that you look after all those kangaroos or else you will incur the wrath of Pat.

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:26:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lainey - another lucky person who lives in the bush

Carol

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
Welcome, Lainey.

It sounds as if you have a soft spot for kangaroos, so I guess you're not a farmer.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 08:32:02 PM »
Welcome.

We in the suburbs of Melbourne have to make do with kangaroos that get kicked out of the mob and head to Burke Rd. billabong reserve (8kms from CBD)...

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:34:21 PM by yelnats »

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »
Sorry to be so crude, yelnats, but my first impression was that the 'roo had hopped into the woods for a pee and was glancing round to see if anyone was watching!

Welcome from me, Lainey. For some time now you've been on my list of players to try and keep up with.
Nice to have some details to go with the name.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 01:37:13 AM »
Spot on Mike! :laugh:
A welcome from me too Lainey
Penny
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Lainey

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »
Thank you to all of you for your "welcome" wishes. A beautiful morning here with a family of emus currently strutting across the paddock. 

Les303

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »
Pictures please Lainey & you haven't answered Pat's question.

I suspect that if Pat believes in reincarnation then she would be desperately wishing to come back as a fairy - wren.

Did you know?

Male Superb Fairy-wrens have been labelled as 'the least faithful birds in the world'. Females may be courted by up to 13 males in half an hour, and 76% of young are sired by males from outside the social group.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »
A beautiful morning here with a family of emus currently strutting across the paddock. 

We only saw two emus when we were in Oz, and that was only due to a sharp-eyed person spotting them in the distance. You couldn't even determine what they were without binoculars, they were that far away.

However we did see cassowaries in Queensland. There's a place called Cassowary House which they frequent and it was on our itinerary for the express purpose of seeing them. The tour leader had gone to visit the owner to arrange phone contact if the birds appeared, and meanwhile the rest of us were on a country lane a short distance away. Two or three of the men had gone a short way down a side road off the lane for a bush break when suddenly there was a disturbance where they were. Out of the road ran three young cassowaries, about a foot and a half tall, followed by the men whose bush break had been disturbed. I was about to berate them for chasing the birds when it became apparent that they were in fact fleeing in panic from the large male cassowary who emerged immediately behind them. Running away from a cassowary is about the worst thing you can do but the big male calmed down once he realized his offspring were safe.

Although many people believe the cassowary to be the most dangerous bird in Oz, our leader told us that that honour in fact belongs to the Australian magpie, which will freely attack people during the breeding season.