Author Topic: Forum Preview Panel  (Read 13483 times)

Dean

• Logologist
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Preview Panel
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 05:12:23 AM »
Alan - I am jumping in late on this one, but I think it is great!  I assume that it is probably responsible for some of the new blood in the forum!

I have one question though, the time of the posts is different by one hour on the Chi page than it is on the forum page, any idea why that would be?  ???

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 07:14:59 AM »
Dean, they are fine for me.  You might need to change your timezone in your forum profile.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »
Hi Dean

Glad you like the preview thingy. If you are logged in to the forum, the times shown should be the same as in the forum itself. But if you're not logged in, the times will be for the time zone on the server (in Texas), which I think would be one hour different from your time in Ontario.

My habit is to log in to the forum "forever" and never log out. So whenever I go to the forum page, I am automatically treated as someone who has logged in - and the same applies if the preview panel checks for recent posts. (If you never log out, it doesn't mean that you always show up as one of the "people online" - this depends also on whether you have done something on the forum within the past 15 minutes.)
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites