Author Topic: Off on hols  (Read 5018 times)

Gaye

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Off on hols
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:18:21 PM »
Tomorrow, if I get through everything I need to do, will be my last time on Chihuahua for 10 days or so.  We are off to Perth on hols, and my husband reckons I'll have withdrawal symptons.  I hope I'll be so busy enjoying beautiful Perth and surrounds that I won't miss it too much.  However I'll be looking forward to signing on again towards the end of March. :D
Gaye
   :)

Tania

• Logologist
  • Auckland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: Off on hols
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »
Enjoy your holiday  8)  I have just had 3 weeks in Aussie so I know exactly what you mean, luckily my mum "Valma" lives there so I was able to get a couple of quick fix's via her   ;)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:52:16 PM »
Yes, have a great time, Gaye. We'll expect some stiff competition when you get back invigorated by your break.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Gaye

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »
Thanks Alan & Tania.  Congratulations Alan on becoming a Logologist!
Gaye

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:41:15 PM »
Hope you have a good hol, Gaye.  I've only got 20 minutes' Chihuahua time today so won't be up anywhere near your score.  My husband can't understand my Chihuahua obsession but I tell him it is useful for my work (which it is, but obviously that is not the reason for my obsession!)  You ought to try a holiday in my neck of the woods one day - the beautiful English Lake District - the weather here today is mild and sunny, the trees are coming out in bud and we are awash with daffodils! :)

Gaye

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:34:55 AM »
Thanks Linda - hope you get more time today.  I certainly wouldn't catch you in 20 mins.

I did visit the Lakes District many moons ago and agree it is very beautiful.  Hopefully we might make it back there one day.
Gaye

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »
Hi Gaye,
glad your back and had a good hols....we missed you and your forum entries...
I am off to Majorca next week with my two daughters..so will be away over Easter.. 8)
What am i going to do with myself..i shall have to source an internet cafe or something? I'm not sure i can survive a whole week with the 'Chi'..
Last year in Ibiza our hotel had a computer suite so i logged in and played quite a few days..not as ernestly as when at home but at least i got my daily fix...
Are there any players in Majorca???
Got a few more days yet, i might try and find some patches or gum or something to help me through!!
Bye for now,
Technomc  ;)

Gaye

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 09:21:31 AM »
Hi Technomc,
Thanks - I can tell you it is possible to survive - my husband made sure that we were so busy that when we did have some spare time I was happy to crash with a book.  However, one of the first things I did when we got home was to read the forum - it was good to catch up with all the chat.  My first day back playing was a bit of a challenge - out of practice, tired (late flight), confused - lost 2 hours on the flight back then gained an hour due to end of daylight saving.  Now back in the swing of things.

Hope you have a great time in Majorca with my your daughters.. will be watching out to see if you find an internet cafe!

Best wishes
Gaye
Gaye