Author Topic: current 10 letter game  (Read 1962 times)

Les303

current 10 letter game
« on: May 07, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »
Expect it from Morbius , Laughcat etc... but Pat are you on steroids or something!

Les303

Re: current 10 letter game
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »
Pat ,
That was of course meant as a compliment to your very high score which was achieved so quickly.
I know that you have done similar things many times in the past , it was just that I had not seen it for a while so it took me by surprise to see  you outscoring Morbius for a large portion of the game ... well done...keep it up.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 02:02:19 AM »
Not sure what you mean, Les. I'm 17 common words short of a rosette in the current 10 letter game.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »
You should worry! I got 17 rosettes last year and have 1 so far this year.

I often see rosettes for people who have a lower score. :'(

Les303

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 05:43:39 PM »
Not sure what you mean, Les. I'm 17 common words short of a rosette in the current 10 letter game.

Sorry Pat , I will try to explain myself ;

Like yourself , Morbius , Laughcat & dozens of others ,  i began playing this particular game when it first opened.
For some reason I was & still am finding this 10 letter game quite difficult.
After about 10 to 15 minutes , i found myself stuck on about 40 words so as I often do in this situation , I had a close look at the scoreboard to hopefully find that some of my  " benchmark " players were also struggling.
Needless to say they were not , so that told me that I should persevere as I was obviously missing something as I should be able to at least get close to my " benchmark " players.
During this examination of the scoreboard , I was surprised & quite delighted to see that for once it was not Morbius or Laughcat leading the way but Pat who had scooted away to lead with a score of 85.
Obviously as the game progressed you were overtaken by Morbius etc.. who were in turn overtaken by Alonzo etc.. as the scoreboard settled into its normal pattern.
So my post had nothing to do with rosettes , it was more about the admiration I have for players like Morbius / Laughcat & there are a few others , that have this amazing ability to consistently find so many words so quickly & I just thought it was nice to see someone else , at least for a limited time , show that they can do it to.

I hope that makes sense & causes no offence to anyone.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »
Les, I think you'll find that at the start of a game, especially one with a lot of words to be found, it's a bit of a free-for-all. There are several players (and sometimes I'm one of them) who can find dozens of words in the first few minutes so race up the scoreboard. For various reasons it then evens out. Some players will stick at the game for as long as it takes them to get a rosette, or get as close to one as they feel they're going to, some people's score may remain static if they stay online but wander off and do something else, some will get bored etc.

Having said that, I never even noticed that I was in the lead at any point!