Author Topic: 2dognight smashes it !  (Read 2980 times)

Les303

2dognight smashes it !
« on: December 30, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »
Hey carol , just wanted to acknowledge your brilliant effort in todays standard game. (I suppose I should include Trex as well ).
To achieve that rosette in just 35 words is pretty good going.
I found the game quite difficult ( it must be when Morbius has not got a rosette although with plenty of time left in the game he will no doubt rectify that ) & came up five words short  which did not worry me but I must admit I do get annoyed / frustrated in games where I am just one or two words short of that elusive rosette.
So well done & I'll try my best to match you in future games.

Pressures on you Morbius.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:56:51 PM by Les303 »

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Re: 2dognight smashes it !
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 08:55:06 PM »
Thanks Les
It was the Remy Martiin that did it
It is the festive season after all :D

Les303

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
I reckon that is worth a bottle of the LOUIS X111.

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »
Despite the references in the previous messages, the word I missed was cognac!  I am an idiot.

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
Hey Les
Nice to think it was worth a bottle of Louis xiii, but in all honesty who would pay the price
Living as I do with vineyards and distilleries and wineries all around me I just don't
get it. A bottle of plonk will do me!!!  No not really
To Les and everyone else on the forum I have enjoyed your company
Happy New Year to you all
Carol

HOD

• Neophyte
  • Yarra Valley, Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
Happy New Year everyone! Thanks Alan, for another year of word game challenge and fun - and thanks to all my on-line companions! See you all tomorrow in 2017 -  :D

Les303

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 07:04:57 PM »
Carol , you are very lucky to be living in such a beautiful part of our country ( almost as good as living in  Queensland ) so I do hope that you are grapeful for your good fortune.

I would have thought that the 3K would be pocket money for you but if not you can at least salivate over the picture.

Happy new year mate!

Les303

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
Bugger , what happened to the picture ... oh here it is.

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »
Most expensive drink I've seen to date is Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1945. It's now about £12,000 per bottle, and is probably the most expensive drinkable wine available.

There are more expensive wine bottles in circulation, but none of them are, as far as I can tell, drinkable any more, because they're over 200 years old. And no one is going to open the bottle to find out. One of these was a bottle of Chateau Lafite that originally resided in Thomas Jefferson's wine cellar, and dates to 1787. It was bought as a piece of Jefferson memorabilia for a whopping $156,000 in the USA, but I suspect the contents have long since ceased to be potable. A Chateau d'Yquem from his cellar fetched a mere $100,000 (white wines are valued less than reds, regardless of vintage, apparently).

Another bottle from his cellar, a Chateau Margaux, was knocked over by a waiter and broken. Insurers paid out a frankly amazing $225,000 for that incident.

A 1907 Heidsieck champagne from a shipwreck fetched $275,000 at auction. It was originally destined for Tsar Nicholas II, but the ship carrying it was torpedoed before it could reach port. Amazingly, the bottles were salvaged intact from the shipwreck. I don't think anyone is going to test if it's drinkable any time soon, even though it may technically be so.
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

Les303

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »
Cal , I tend to cringe every time that I have to hand over $50 for a carton of xxxx , mainly because approx. 50% of that price is excise tax... government taxes are enough to drive anyone to drink.