Author Topic: Tania..come in..your time is up!  (Read 20854 times)

Tania

• Logologist
  • Auckland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: Tania..come in..your time is up!
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2007, 10:53:57 AM »
Just typed this long reply & lost the bloody thing!!!  ok will start again.

Hi Bobbi,  Yes the traffic is awful at the moment, worse for us is coming into greenhithe in the evening, they have half finished the new intersections for the motorway and left us in a huge mess.

My son went to camp adair 2 yrs ago, my husband went as parent helper and they both loved it, the high ropes and mud slide were the winners!!!  I have attached (hopefully) a photo, I hope you like height's  ;D  Your going with uni??  I went back to uni after my 2nd started school, did a graduate diploma at Massey (much easier then going into the city) and really enjoyed it, was just finishing when I fell with my 3rd, so I haven't done anthing with it - YET!!   One day...................

Yes we did watch Outrageous Fortune, I love Robyn Malcolm from Shortland St, yes I'm a shorty fan  :-R

I am really nervous about the game tonight, it's a good thing I have my own game 1st or else I wouldn't be able to sit still!!!  God I hope we win, getting butterflies just thinking about it.

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2007, 04:06:52 PM »
You get butterflies thinking about the match, I get butterflies looking at the photo of your son!!! They'd better not think they're going to get me up there!!

The theme of the camp is 'spirituality' so I don't think we'll be expected to participate on extreme flying foxes and suchlike. Apparently heaps of OTs worldwide are pretty uncomfortable talking to clients about matters spiritual - there's a fine line between spirituality and religion, and as you know asking about someone's personal religious beliefs is pretty much like asking them about their sex life. I gather most of the lecturers are not religious, so we should have a very clear understanding of the distinction by the end of the week.

And the next two days will train us up to feel more comfortable about this aspect.

The entire course curriculum has been newly redesigned, and it's pretty out there. Quite touchy/feely and hugely controversial. If our training works the way the 2 heads of dept think it will (we're the ginuea pigs), then AUT Occupational Therapy Department will become THE world leader in Occupational Theory, Development and Research.

Hope your club game goes well tonight. XXX

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2007, 05:54:26 PM »
WOW...bobbi, you are in for a fun-filled few days....
I hope you don't suffer from vertigo!!! and trench foot!!
Have a great time ..
T :angel:

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2007, 11:02:55 PM »
Touchy/feely, eh?  So strokey woman is going to be there too, huh?!   ;)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2007, 11:22:48 PM »
Good luck!

I guess that also depends on who gets touchy-feeling with whom as to how you'd feel about getting touched!  >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2007, 11:25:59 PM »
Leave my strokey woman out of this, anonsi, she's my personal property!!!  >:D

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 01:16:10 AM »
Ahh, so you're claiming her now, are you?  I thought you wanted as little to do with her as possible!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 01:35:23 AM »
Better the  >:D you know ... am getting quite attached to my coathangers now ... not literally of course ... that would look and smell stupid!  I told T I would ask strokey woman to make her some ... do you want me to put in an order for you too???!!!  >:D

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 01:50:05 AM »
I don't think I'd like smelling like a brothel house...so no.  Although I wouldn't mind the chocolates!  >:D

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2007, 06:45:58 AM »
Hello Tania,
How are you and your brood...all keeping well i hope.?
Are you all sorted now after the storm the other week, with power, hot water etc?
What netball news?
T :angel:

Tania

• Logologist
  • Auckland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »
Hi T,  must've missed you when I popped in this morn, actually my computer was hijacked by these very annoying brats um I mean my darling children, they seem to think that whats mine is theirs!!!!

All good this side of the world, was very depressed getting beaten 2-1 in the netball series against Australia but I am determined to be optimistic about the world cup.  We have another couple of months to iron out the kinks.

Hope your enjoying that lovely summer holiday weather 

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2007, 07:28:13 PM »
Hi mate,
It's been pretty good so far....no point in complaining...
More decorating today....

And just where do these kids get off, expecting things, bloody cheek.... :laugh:

I'm glad everything is ok for you too...
 :angel:

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »
Hi Tania,

How are you? Hope your children are well.
Sorry about the netball buddy! What a disaster! Oh well, there's always next time hey?

Tania

• Logologist
  • Auckland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
Hi Bobbi, 

Yes I was very dissapointed, but Australia just played better on the day  :'(  All in all though it was a fantastic week of netball and I was in netball heaven, yes I did manage to catch quite a few games, the rest of my life went on hold.

Things have been a bit hectic with my little one just lately so I haven't been online much, we were booked into Starship (the Auckland childrens hospital) this morning for two weeks IV anti-biotics (with CF they often get infections which can only be cleared up with IV anti-biotics) and would you believe they didn't have a bed for us!!  So my poor 2 yr old was nil by mouth until 9am when we got the final word that we can try again tomorrow!!!  So once again we will fight the traffic to get there by 8am and hope we're not postponed. 

I could get into the useless NZ government which doesn't put enough money into our healthcare but I don't have the energy, and I must say that at least we get awesome treatment by our team at Starship.

Anyway it did leave me a lovely unplanned day to just relax with the kids (& do chi  :)) Max is just about to wake up so I think we'll go for a walk & make the most of the sunny weather & not being stuck in hospital.

I'm not up with the posts but gather you've just finished exams,  hope your enjoying a bit extra free time or is it just choir practice now??

Cheers Tania 

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your woes getting Max into Starship. It's a fabulous place, if a little under-resourced. We always had terrific treatment there. Such a pity it's the only children's hospital in the entire country. First prize would be another dedicated children's facility in Christchurch or Wellington to take the pressure off.

Problem with our health care system is not that there's a lack of money. It's just unevenly distributed. First off, you really fare much better if you have an accident. ACC (for you non-Kiwi chi readers: accident compensation commission) has heaps, while the DHBs (district health boards) don't have enough.

Then it helps to live in a rural town. Places like Waipukurau (where I did my first mental health OT internship in Spetember,) or Dargaville (where my friend Sam did hs,) have better resources that Waitemata (Auckland is situated on the Waitemata harbour, and our health board is called Waitemata)! Go figure. If I get chronically sick, I'm moving to Wellsford!

Hope you don't have too many more delays. Take care. XXX