Author Topic: What's Les up to now?  (Read 3855 times)

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
What's Les up to now?
« on: October 14, 2016, 04:39:41 AM »
Les, your picture often has me questioning what you're up to now. But this latest one has me stumped! What are you supposed to be? A peanut? A jackfruit??

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: What's Les up to now?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:22:21 AM »
Looks like a monkey nut to me! :laugh: How appropriate!!  I enjoy Les' ever changing pictures though I was glad to see the back of Sir Les Patterson :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Les303

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
anonsi , it is indeed a huge jackfruit which i thought was appropriate for the terap thread.
It is a shame ( or perhaps a blessing when it comes to my efforts ) that the avatars are so small that they are often hard to distinguish.
Of course you can save the image to your PC where you can magnify it to some degree before you will start to lose the resolution which is exactly what i have just done wih your avatar ( should i even be admitting to this ) anyway , glad i did as i was able to clearly see your beautiful smile.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:18:57 PM by Les303 »

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:23:41 PM »
Unfortunately, by the time I came to visit this thread, the avatar had changed to one featuring an enormous Huntsman spider on a toilet, rendering any comment I might have wanted to make about the previous avatar null and void ...
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 03:03:00 AM »
You have to be quick if you want to keep track of Les's new avatars!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 05:27:21 AM »
That's very true Anonsi.  If you miss a couple of days things have moved on at a rate of knots! Penny
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Les303

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »
Just for you Calilasseia ! ( of course any late comer to the spider thread will now be totally confused )

With my warped sense of humour , the intention is to put up a new avatar that has some relevance to any new topic that i might post or reply to , regrettably once the avatar is changed , it also changes for all previous posts.

Alan is there any possibility that you could arrange for old posts to retain their specific avatar.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 09:22:50 PM »
Alan is there any possibility that you could arrange for old posts to retain their specific avatar.

Not that I know of, Les.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
Les, maybe you could make a new profile for each avatar change, then the old Les would keep the same avatar. Play as Les 303, and post on the forum starting as Les001. We'll know who it really is. And I vote for Sir Les as your Les303 avatar.

Les303

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »

Not that I know of, Les.

Thanks Alan , i really didn't expect any other answer.

Although Yelnats has come up with a very clever & workable solution however i fear that might involve just a little too much effort on my part so i may have to choose one avatar & stick with it.
In the meantime you will have to put up with " monkey nut " ( thanks Hobbit ) until Calilasseia decides to make a comment.

Les303

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 05:32:02 PM »
Unfortunately, by the time I came to visit this thread, the avatar had changed to one featuring an enormous Huntsman spider on a toilet, rendering any comment I might have wanted to make about the previous avatar null and void ...

Cal ,still waiting for a comment on the jackfruit avatar , i'll give you till Monday.

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 12:06:46 PM »

Cal ,still waiting for a comment on the jackfruit avatar , i'll give you till Monday.

Bit difficult given that I never saw it ...
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

Les303

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »
Here it is again.