Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 2452 times)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
HELP!!!!
« on: October 02, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
My wife is currently having a problem logging in to chi under her usual log in name. Every time we try to switch player it defaults to my log in. She has tried setting up a new user name log in but still no access. When her existing name ( or the new name she tried) are used a band in yellow appears above the name and it says "valid".  There is a notice in a large box appearing  which suggests refreshing (no change if we do) or using the alternative site ( no access given) or contacting via  a link ( nothing happens)  Does anybody have any ideas?

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
OK. This is weird!! This post was done under DAVMAR which is my husbands login name. As stated I (CMH) am having problems logging in to play the games but apparently I can post on the forum when using his log in!???!! I have stated on previous posts that I am less than brilliant on a computer but I have managed to play Chi for about 2 years without this sort of login problem. Can anyone help? I am missing my chi fix!

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »
Using the same computer as your husband?  Did he change any defaults?  Is it automatically logged in to him?
Stevens Point, WI

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
Sorry you're having these problems, cmh.

The mystery of the forum post is easily explained. Registration for the forum is separate from registration as a Chi player. By default you stay logged in to the forum indefinitely, using a cookie. So if your husband uses the same computer and the same web browser as you, when he goes to the forum, it's you who will be signed in. (As far as I can see your husband has not registered for the forum.)

As for your more serious difficulty - not being able to sign in to Chihuahua - I'll investigate it and get back to you.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 04:48:12 PM »
I have to apologise for the mysterious message "valid". This is meant to be "Player name or password not valid". On the full screen version of Chihuahua the first five words are not visible, resulting in a truncated message that seems to be saying the opposite of what it is meant to be saying. Whoops. I'll have to fix that asap.

What I suggest you try, cmh, is to click on the yellow "Reset" button, towards the bottom right of the screen, under the "Forum latest" section. Then, if Chi is signed in with your husband's player name, sign out. Then type in your player name, cmh. (Forget about the new name you registered - that hasn't been activated.) Then type in your password - don't rely on anything that might have been inserted automatically; that might be the wrong password. Then click on "Sign in".

If that doesn't work, let me know, either here in the forum or by email to support@lexigame.com. Best of luck!

Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 04:58:50 AM »
Thanks for the help. I am now able to log in to chi although not yet managing to save my password for an automatic log in but that is not really a problem as long as I can play!