Author Topic: Funding  (Read 3496 times)

Leedscot

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Funding
« on: September 17, 2016, 08:09:29 PM »
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I can't find anything about whether it's possible to contribute to the inevitable funding costs of this site. I'd be happy to chip in a few bob for all the enjoyment my wife and I get from these games. Any pointers?

Jock

Les303

Re: Funding
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:49:23 AM »
G'day Jock & welcome to the forum where you will soon discover that not everyone on this site takes things too seriously.

As far as funding goes , i would be happy to take on the responsibility of accepting any contributions. ( I realise what a selfless act this is but that is just the type of person i am.)

Please do keep in mind that the minimum acceptable contribution begins at $100,000.00.

Cheers Les. >:D

gromit

• Neophyte
  • Wellington, NZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
As far as funding goes , i would be happy to take on the responsibility of accepting any contributions. ( I realise what a selfless act this is but that is just the type of person i am.)

Please do keep in mind that the minimum acceptable contribution begins at $100,000.00.

Cheers Les. >:D

Your surname wouldn't happen to be Patterson by any chance, good sir?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:37:36 PM by gromit »

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
To give a slightly more serious answer, Jock, there is no place on the site for making financial contributions.

Running the site doesn't cost a lot of money. It has taken up a lot of my time at various stages, but that's not really a cost to me since I do it out of interest, as a kind of hobby. And these days the modest amount of money I get from the Chihuahua books is more than enough to cover the costs of running the site. (I started the books out of interest, too, rather than as a money-making venture. Of course I'm perfectly happy to be making some money out of it.)

Thanks for your enquiry, Jock. I'm glad you appreciate the site - keep enjoying it. The best things in life are free.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Les303

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 12:28:28 PM »
Bugger .. i've been exposed.

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
. The best things in life are free.

And even better - completely free of all forms of advertising. Let's never forget to be grateful for that

MK

Leedscot

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 02:41:02 AM »
Ah, jolly good, then, as I've bought three of the books too.

Les, if ever you need help with dry-cleaning that tie with stains all down it, think of me (but not necessarily in terms of a contribution). Give my love to Dame Edna.

All the best,

Jock

Les303

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 04:00:45 PM »
Thanks Possum , i do appreciate someone with a good sense of humour.