Author Topic: Missing an earned rosette - standard 14/7 puzzle spoiler  (Read 2306 times)

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
Missing an earned rosette - standard 14/7 puzzle spoiler
« on: July 15, 2016, 10:59:32 AM »
[sigh] I guess I am resigned to this situation.  Once again I missed a rosette by one word.  The funny thing is I have a distinct memory of playing resign twice!  I accidentally played it a second time and was told "You already played this word!"  Perhaps its just another example of old age dementia, or I am confusing games, or I don't know, because no one else has reported something like this, but I would swear on any Holy book you chose that I played that word.  [sigh]
Stevens Point, WI

Les303

Re: Missing an earned rosette - standard 14/7 puzzle spoiler
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »
Gooday Tom ,

I reckon that i might have encountered this on one or two very rare occasions although i had no problem with the standard game on the 14th.
Like you , i just put those experiences down to my own confusion or maybe to much alcohol ( probably the latter in my case ) so please do not think that you are "losing it "
As good as this Chi game is , i 'm sure that Alan would concede that it is subject to the odd glitch , just a shame that it cost you a rosette.

Regards Les

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
Happens to me quite a lot, Tom and nearly always with very easy words. For example I missed one word in the disruption 10-letter game -torn. I was sure I'd played it - and I had - the day before in the countryman game!

One short again in the retailing game - tinge. As with torn, I'd played it the day before in the benighted game.

I think that's part of the problem, the same common word may appear in three or four consecutive games and you get tricked into thinking you've already played it when you haven't.

MK

And again today! Short of one word in the current standard game; this time I've managed to spot it - and yet again it's a word that came in yesterday's game! (Obviously I can't say what the word is, but it's one that appears very often in Chi)

MK
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:33:41 PM by mkenuk »

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »
Tom, despite my best efforts things can go wrong with the system, as was seen just a few days ago when Punnivinn pointed out a problem. On that occasion I was able to identify what was going wrong and fix it quite quickly.

I don't have an explanation for your missing word, so it remains a mystery whether there was a system fault. Where a word does go missing I would expect it to be the last word played.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 11:30:30 AM »
Thanks for all the support, folks, but the truth is I probably just had an old age moment.  Its not like that never happens outside the game.  :-R
Stevens Point, WI

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
One other oddity I have noticed is that after the tablet has been asleep, a new forum tab is created rather than overwriting the current forum tab.