Author Topic: Birthday Boy!  (Read 8820 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Re: Birthday Boy!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 01:15:30 AM »
I'm in Bhutan at the moment with very limited internet access so apologies for the lateness of my best wishes for your birthday, Alan. I hope you had a great day.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 04:21:48 AM »
Wow Pat how brilliant :) Hope you're having a wonderful time.  Beats rainy Milton Keynes any time! :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Les303

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
Just been watching some coverage of the " royals " visit to Bhutan.
Bit disappointed though , because as William & Kate were being interviewed , i fully expected to see Pat popping up in the background giving us all a goofy face & a thumbs up. :)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 09:52:12 PM »
I would have if I could have, Les. Fortunately our itinerary didn't coincide with theirs. On our last day here tomorrow we're visiting the Tiger's Nest monastery - I think the inbreds - oops, sorry, royals - have already been there.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
I can't find the topic this is relevant to (very slow internet connection here) so I'll post this here:

We visited a botanical garden today where there was a rhododendron festival (apparently there are 46 species here in Bhutan). I bumped into a very pleasant Australian woman from Melbourne and our conversation started thus:

Her - Do you know where the rhododendrons are?
Me - Sorry, I don't.
Her - Bugger!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 04:22:34 AM »
I thought the same as Les!  Have been waiting for Pat to pop up behind the Cambridges with an exotic bird perched on her shoulder :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Les303

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 09:22:34 AM »
I'll be buggered...that is so funny.

Do enjoy your last day visiting the monastery but just be careful that those monks don't try to convert you although i think that " SISTER PAT " has a nice ring to it.

By the way , i hope that everybody at least got the pseudo " ROSETTE " in yesterday's challenge game.

Les303

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 07:56:58 PM »
About 12 months ago Johnny Depp & his partner along with their two little dogs flew into Australia to film a movie. ( Pirates of the Caribbean ).
In breach of our bio - security laws they failed to declare the animals & were charged as anybody else would be with smuggling. ( Potentially a very serious offence ).
Due to their high profile the story made headlines around the world.
The case went to court today & was covered on all our national news stations.
As part of the coverage they reflected on interviews that took place at the time.
One such interview was with Barnaby Joyce then immigration minister ,now our current deputy prime minister, who stated " It is time that they all BUGGERED off back to America "

All charges were dropped , no conviction recorded & the only penalty was a suspended fine.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »

All charges were dropped , no conviction recorded & the only penalty was a suspended fine.

However, as part of the plea bargaining they were obviously forced to make this video http://youtu.be/c8VsxbSq8ZI .
You can see by their enthusiasm it wasn't entirely voluntary.
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
OJ ,

Watched the video but must have missed the bit where they were showing any sort of enthusiasm!

Pretty obvious that they really didn't give a stuff & were just going through the motions to avoid the possibility of any conviction being recorded.

Les

Les303

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 06:36:18 PM »
OJ ,

Hope you saw the coverage of the "depp" video on tonight's news.
Included a parody with a lady at front of camera , holding up a script & pointing out each word with a pistol .. hilarious.

Les

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »
OJ ,

Hope you saw the coverage of the "depp" video on tonight's news.

No, I missed it. But thanks to your message, I managed to track it down on the Internet.  For anyone else who missed it and are interested - http://youtu.be/Y4Xh2KBI4I0 .
Regards, Jack