Author Topic: Logologist  (Read 2985 times)

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Logologist
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:32:05 PM »
All of a sudden (I think - I'm not very observant) I'm described as a logologist instead of a neophyte. Why did that happen, please?

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Logologist
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 06:20:12 PM »
It changes automatically once you've reached a certain number of posts, Anona.  I'm not sure exactly what the milestone numbers are - I think mine changed at 50, 100 and then again at 200.

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:31:16 PM »
Ah! Thank you, Morbius!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:17:38 PM »
These are the forum levels, and the numbers of posts required to reach them:

Neophyte     *     0     
Logologist    **    50    
Lexicomane    ***    100    
Word-meister    ****    150    
Linguissimo    *****    200    
Paronomaniac    ******    300    
Cryptoverbalist    *    500    
Glossologian    **    1000    
Eulexic    ***    2000
WordStar    ****    5000

Many of the names are made up, but some of them are genuine obscure words. The scale goes up as high as it does because we do actually have people with that many posts to their names, and some of them got stroppy when they reached a numerical milestone and didn't get a new title. The rate of posting in recent years has been nowhere near as high as it was at its peak. I think someone must have seen what was going on in this forum in 2007 and decided to invent social media. The rest is history.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 07:38:19 AM »
The rate of posting in recent years has been nowhere near as high as it was at its peak. I think someone must have seen what was going on in this forum in 2007 and decided to invent social media. The rest is history.

You may be right, Alan.  That certainly happened on another forum I used to inhabit (?) - I meet many of the same people from that on Facebook now.  But it was fun when we were all on this forum so much.  Remember the Great Chihuahua Novel?