Author Topic: more toys  (Read 11873 times)

Les303

Re: more toys
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
Gooday A , fancy me telling someone how to do something / anything on a computer.

Just click on additional options , located bottom left of screen just below the end your post , then browse & open the selected photo , just remember that you will not be able to see the photo in preview.

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Thanks for the helpful hints, L.

It does my heart good to see that you are also building delightful wooden toys in this age of computer games and Amazon etc.  Good onya!

My toys are more plain, without the dowel work, but I still try to make them capture the imagination.  These toys are donated to the US Marines Toys for Tots program.  They give toys to needy families who might not otherwise be able to afford presents for their children.  Every toy goes out with a letter from "Chuckles the Elf".

Merry Christmas!
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

Les303

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 05:27:25 PM »
Gooday A ,

I would be extremely proud to be able to say that I had built that plane but sadly , that is certainly not the case & I did not mean to leave that impression.
That photo was just something that I googled to show you what your posted photo would look like & to prove that my directions would actually work.

The many hours of work that you must put in to build your beautiful planes is indeed a credit to you & I am absolutely certain that the kiddies who receive them could not care less about their lack of dowelling.

In fact , I can tell you from personal experience , just how delighted a young boy from an underprivileged family would be to receive such a gift for Christmas but more about that in the " Bloody Plurals " thread.

Please keep up your wonderful work , I reckon that you are a fair dinkum champion.

Cheers Les

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »
Needs be what they are.  That's like saying "it is what it is".

I thought my holiday season was all too eventful, with medical issues and what not, but then a neighbor's house burned down.  Nobody was seriously hurt, but they lost everything. That puts things into a different perspective.

Their food and shelter and clothing are provided for.  I checked.  If more assistance in these matters is needed, it shall be provided.

It would also be nice if their grade school children had some toys.  Play is important.  Toys can be important, if only to instill a sense of normalcy.

I am doing some equipment repairs, but if all goes according to plan their children will have toys even if Christmas has come and gone.

- A
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)