Author Topic: Sluggishness  (Read 3221 times)

Alonzo Quixote

• Paronomaniac
  • Greenlawn, NY, USA
    • View Profile
Sluggishness
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »
Has anyone experienced an extremely sluggish response while entering words the past couple of days?

I have been noticing that words seem to take much longer to be entered.

I have also noticed that the "diamond" symbols appearing next to each active player seem to have suffered an extreme loss of "energy"; they do not "oscillate" as normal, and disappear completely, while maintaining the space reserved where they would ordinarily appear.

I have rebooted and refreshed my browser, Firefox, a couple of times, with little change in response time.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: Sluggishness
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »
Hi AQ - I have experienced sluggishness with the Standard and Challenge games for some time now.  The letters seem to hang in the air and I can type two or three words before one appears on the board.  I have tried refreshing the page and rebooting but to no avail.  Strangely, the 10 letters game does not appear to be affected.  Gremlins?

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: Sluggishness
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:39:58 PM »
I have not noticed this particularly in the past couple of days, although I have experienced it in the past on my laptop (not on my desktop). The laptop is woefully short on RAM, so when I am experiencing slowness, I assume that something else is going on in the background that is competing for processing time and space (such as my anti-virus program). I use the Chrome browser, which also occasionally decides to update itself in the background while I am using it.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area