Author Topic: Chi Get Together?  (Read 3427 times)

rhino

• Word-meister
  • Sydney, Australia
    • MSN Messenger - rhinoserenity@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Chi Get Together?
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:07:17 AM »
Hi Alan,

I live in Australia but am currently in Washington DC, meeting up (again) with Rogue Mother. Last night during dinner, we talked about the possibility of organizing a get together, perhaps in Melbourne to make it easy for you.  Everyone could book their own travel arrangements so it would not become a planning nightmare.  Perhaps you could recommend a few different hotels of varying standards near whatever venue you choose.

Many people I meet during my travels say they would love to visit Australia - perhaps this could be the catalyst they need to prompt them to actually visit our diverse country.

Leaving it to you to ponder and decide yay or nay ...

Rhino
Obsessive rhinophile

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
Re: Chi Get Together?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:07:59 AM »
I have been to Australia in 1991 and it was terrific.  I was a leader for a Semester Abroad program.  But if I had had to pay for my own ticket, it would have been impossible (as it is now).  Of course it would be fun, but except for people who are pretty well off, I don't think you could manage much of a crowd outside local people.  Anyway to manage a cyber party?
Stevens Point, WI

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
The 10th anniversary of the Chihuahua puzzles is coming up next September (the 28th I think), so we probably should do something to celebrate it. However, I think a cyber-celebration is more realistic than a physical gathering, given that the Chi community are scattered around the globe.

We have about ten months to come up with ideas, although we could turn the whole of 2015 into Chi Decennial Year.

Any ideas?
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:01:34 PM »
I keep telling people I'd love to visit Australia - maybe a get-together would be the incentive I need.  But oh, that long plane ride...

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:24:43 AM »
A physical get-together of the 500 or so regular players of Chi, nice though it would be, is obviously out of the question. I do think the upcoming 10th anniversary should be remembered in some way though.

How about a tastefully designed souvenir polo shirt with a Chi rosette as a logo?

MK

rhino

• Word-meister
  • Sydney, Australia
    • MSN Messenger - rhinoserenity@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »
Maybe we could try to make everyone happy and celebrate the 10th anniversary together - those who want to come and meet other players can do so and we can meet in cyberspace with others at a designated time ...
Obsessive rhinophile