Author Topic: Welcome to the Lexigame Forum (again)  (Read 5202 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome to the Lexigame Forum (again)
« on: February 04, 2007, 07:57:08 PM »
Unfortunately the forum had a bit of a meltdown. I'll talk about the gruesome details in another topic, because the problems affected all the lexigame sites.

Because the forum had been going for only a short time, I had not gotten around to organising any backup routine, so at present it looks like all the forum contributions have been lost. A big mea culpa for that. I will try to recover those previous records, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

The forum membership records have also been lost, so if you want to have your say, you'll have to join up again.

Because the restoration of normal services involved a change of server, different users were back to normal at different times (due to something called domain name propagation). When I re-installed the forum software, I found that I couldn't actually log in from my computer to post any messages. But others obviously could, so a few people have already registered, and Bigger Bird Brain has posted a message. Congrats to BBB for being the very first contributor!

Apologies for any disappointment caused by our outage. And please don't be discouraged from having your say in these forums.

I've taken the opportunity to re-think the structure of the forum, and I've decided to start off with a single board for all topics. If the volume of discussion ever becomes so great as to make this unwieldy, the Board can be split up at that time.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

mymermaid

• Lexicomane
  • Israel
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Lexigame Forum (again)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 05:01:56 AM »
Welcome back !!
I was getting panicky ... I needed my daily "fix" and you weren't there  :D
I think I tried the site about 15 times a day ....
Now we can all relax
Mandy

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
Hi Mandy. It's a big encouragement to me how quickly the player numbers get back to normal after the site's been down for a time. Obviously there are plenty of keen players who keep checking.

As soon as I'd managed to get the site going again the other day, I opened up the Chihuahua page to make sure it was working, and, lo and behold, there were already scores on the board!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Tania

• Logologist
  • Auckland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 02:59:19 PM »
Alan I'm not sure if you realise how addicted we are  :)

cheers Tania