Author Topic: Greetings From Jay (No Longer) Thailand....  (Read 3022 times)

jaythailand

• Logologist
    • MSN Messenger - jwerba@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jaywerba@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
Greetings From Jay (No Longer) Thailand....
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »
Hello-

It's been forever and a day since I posted on this forum, and I don't play as regularly as I once did (as
evidenced by my increasingly anemic scores).  Pum, the angels and I are all doing well.  However, we
are no longer in Thailand, though I hold onto my moniker - jaythailand.  It should really be
jaypakistan or jayislamabad, as we have relocated to Islamabad, Pakistan for the next six years......

You are perhaps thinking, 'An American living in Pakistan - are you insane?'  In fact, it is fine in
Islamabad, and we are thrilled to be here.  Every day is a complete trip - believe me!

All the best-

Jaythailand in Islamabad

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Greetings From Jay (No Longer) Thailand....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »
Hi Jay. It's good to hear from you, and to hear that your relocation has been a success. Actually, things seem to have been quite turbulent in Thailand over the past couple of years. But I dare say places that seem from the news footage to be in complete turmoil are often carrying on as normal as far as most people are concerned.

Anyhow, do keep in touch when you have a moment. Although if you're not playing much Chihuahua your priorities are obviously sadly deranged!

Does this move mean you've had to wind up your Bangkok Futons business?
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

jaythailand

• Logologist
    • MSN Messenger - jwerba@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jaywerba@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »
Hey Alan-

Thanks for your kind message and for remembering Bangkok Futon.  Bangkok Futon lives!  It is being handled by trusted friends.  They give us a kickback on every futon sold, and the company will be there waiting for us when we eventually relocate back to Bangkok.

What you write regarding protests and turmoil is completely true.  The turmoil in Bangkok never affected us at all, and life is very calm in Islamabad as long as you stay away from the protest site.  But that information does not make for interesting viewing for news channels dependent on a 24 hour news cycle....

Stay Well-

Jay

ensiform

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »
I will be very happy to read any postings you make about your life in Islamabad!