Author Topic: dekko  (Read 6704 times)

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Re: dekko
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 11:00:44 PM »
What they said:

I'd be willing to change my idea of "common" words if someone could persuade me that it would improve the game.
No, no and no!
But my current feeling is that any broadening of the category would tend to defeat the purpose of having a "common" category.
Yes, yes and yes!

Thank you for the incredible effort you devote to this wonderful site, Alan.  It is very much appreciated.  And I agree with everything you said.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »
One of the things I am still naive enough in computer terms to find fascinating is indeed the fact that I can play this game with (not against!) people from all around the world. As a result I find new words some of which are more localised than others and it is nice to find out what they mean and sometimes why they are used in one place more than others. Discussions about the words themselves is interesting but the occasional school playground "my words better than yours " is a bit saddening. Alan you seem to be a lovely man with the patience of a saint to be so diplomatic to all the contributors. Well done!

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »
We're extremely lucky to be playing a word game where the creator interacts with us, listens to our suggestions and makes changes that he thinks appropriate, often after a good deal of research.

Amen!

Thank you for the incredible effort you devote to this wonderful site, Alan.  It is very much appreciated. 

It most certainly is!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 09:30:25 PM »
Dekko has now been made rare.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites