Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 4876 times)

mob

• Neophyte
  • Peter
    • View Profile
Hi all
« on: February 13, 2014, 12:06:07 PM »
Hi to all, I found this site some time ago and played often as an anonymous player, I find doing word games a great challenge and a good way to keep the mind active, I also find it very therapeutic for a mind that is constantly trying to fight with anxiety and depression, I love trying to better my spelling and must admit that I often go for the word finder to broaden my word knowledge, I work in the emergency services field and find this as a great way to relax and chill out for a bit, sometimes all the words come to me quite easily and at other times I draw a blank on the easiest of words, this was the first time I've done an intro on line so I hope I didn't ramble, looking forward to more challenges and the odd chat, cheers Pete 

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
Hi, Pete. Welcome to the forum!

One thing that has become obvious over the years is that people find many different ways to play Chihuahua. None of them is right or wrong, as long as you can get some entertainment and mental stimulus out of it.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

mob

• Neophyte
  • Peter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
Hi, Pete. Welcome to the forum!

One thing that has become obvious over the years is that people find many different ways to play Chihuahua. None of them is right or wrong, as long as you can get some entertainment and mental stimulus out of it.

Thanks Alan W, yes in the end that's what its about, I get a lot of satisfaction out of playing and in the end its about enjoying, thanks for the welcome. Pete

Gaye Christine

• Paronomaniac
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
Hi Pete, welcome to the forum  ;D

nineoaks

• Word-meister
  • Florence, Oregon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
Hi, Pete:

Welcome to the forum.

Like you, I sometimes see unusual or complex words easily and miss the simplest ones. Nevertheless, I enjoy Chi and even like groaning over the solutions (when I see the obvious words I have missed :)).

Enjoy!

nineoaks

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Pete. It's nice to see a newcomer introducing himself like that - good on you, especially as you were doing it for the first time. Hope to see more from you on here.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
And a big welcome from me, Pete ... enjoy Chi and the Forum!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »
Hi Pete - a big welcome from me too :)  Chi & the Formum give me a lot of pleasure.  Hope they do you too! :-C
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

mob

• Neophyte
  • Peter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:34 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome , chi is a great distraction and a challenge also,  without sounding boring,  having found that I have  severe anxiety and depression, which was very hard to acknowledge, and something I have found that is quite prevalent in my profession , I find  a great distraction on the chi site and a challenge for the  mind which is great, again thanks for the welcome.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
A belated welcome, Pete.  Glad to know you found us.  I'm like you - finding some words easily and missing some of the most common.  I'm not good at anagrams, so Chi is a real challenge for me.

mob

• Neophyte
  • Peter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »
thanks Birdy, I try not to go for the Thesaurus or Dictionary but the Nuns would be ashamed at my spelling, they did their best to beat it into me, so I have a laugh at myself when I get the easiest of words wrong but enjoying Chi nonetheless, thanks again