Author Topic: Pub news  (Read 3835 times)

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
Pub news
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:12:43 AM »
Our local Irish pub is reopening!

We are having an impromptu grand opening tonight, though the pub's owners do not yet know about this.  We will descend upon them with (free) live music, word games (courtesy of Alan), and lots of interesting people to meet.

If any of you Chi'ers find yourselves in Roanoke, Virginia, please consider yourselves invited.

How to get there?  That's the easy part.  Open mapquest, and get a map of Roanoke VA.  Do not specify a street address, just the name of the city and the state.  Mapquest seems to assume that you are either going to or coming from our local pub.  That's where it puts the star on the map, and that's where the driving directions take you.

Cheers!
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
Re: Pub news
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 04:35:56 AM »
Ok,
I'm just going to get ready...my mate will be here in a bit, and then we'll be on our way... ;D
If, perchance, we don't get there in time, don't worry, we will have stopped off in town for a few bevvies first...
needless to say my wordsearch is over for today....
Whether i will be sober enough and hangoverless tomorrow to play...who knows.....
Have a good evening all....
Ta ra...
 :angel:

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 11:07:04 AM »
A little more advance notice would have been nice. Even for me, it's about 1800 miles, so have a few shots for me!
 ;D
3-B

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »
Hel[hic]lo A [hic] Non amo[hic]us,
Im velly                                                    shorry [hic] we didnt                     quite [hic] make
               it..............[hic].....to ure  shin[hic]dig...............
 we got [hic] shtuck in a pubibtown  [hic]...............
                  we         had           a good[hic] time tho......[hic].                 did
     youall.[hic]..........
i'm feeeeleing         very [hic] fine thish morning...[hic].but he shunshine is a tad    brite[hic] and the carpet
is [hic].....being velly noishy.............
i think i musht hav  eaten  a [hic] dodgy chip...on the way home...........cos 4 shum reshon i feel     jusht a [hic]
       bit yuklky......
Have a [hic] nishe day.................
tEchno[hic]  :angel:

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 10:59:13 PM »
Dear a non-amos,
                            I found your email address when I searched the pockets of the unconscious Ms Technomc. I was forced to do this after she threw up in the back of my cab. I had not realised that she was quite so inebriated until she began singing verses of "Eskimo Nell" and then offering to let me see her Wellington boots. I continued to drive her, however, and had arrived at her abode when the above vomiting episode took place. She then fell out of the cab and after mumbling something about maple syrup, parts of her anatomy and someone named Dean, she passed out. I managed to drag her to her front door, but had to leave to pick up another passenger.I hope that you can arrange for someone to check on her wellbeing. I shall be sending her a bill for the fare and the cab-cleaning.
Yours Sincerely,
 George Rimmer
Cabs-R-Us

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 11:26:22 PM »
You're such a good Samaritan, Binks, for rescuing our friend from such a dreadful dilemma.

The question is -- did she turn an even more tawdry shade of

green?
That would have been a sight to see!  >:D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 11:28:29 PM by biggerbirdbrain »

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 11:34:10 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 01:04:45 AM »
I'm feeling a little more human now...thank you ....
I'm sorry about the cab...Mr Rimmer...i will be happy to pay you for any little inconveniences....but i appreciate you getting me home...
just a couple of things though...
Could you tell me if i left my stockings and suspenders in the back of the cab...i know i had them on when i went out..but i certainly didn't when i got home... :-[  I thought i had picked them up after i had done my striptease on the bar....]
And i wonder if you could shed some light on the strawberry jam incident...i was in some sticky situations i admit...but quite how the jam got where it was i cannot imagine... :-\
I know about the maple syrup....but the jam????
As for my wellies...when i went to put them on this afternoon, one was my size the other was 5 sizes bigger??? Any ideas???
And i hope you remembered to let my friend out of the boot before you picked up your next fare!!!
Thank you once again...mr R..i will be happy to recommend your company to my friends.
:angel:

P.S. Whose whip did i have? mine has only 3 tails..the one i had had 6....???