Author Topic: 'reawakened' game  (Read 3031 times)

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
'reawakened' game
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
The 'reawakened' 10-letter game was a bit of a strange beast - no fewer than 9 of the 64 words required for the rosette based on the single root 'wake', not to mention a handful of uncommon words also based on 'wake' ('awaked' etc).

On the one hand, it seemed to make the game a bit easier,  but on the other it was quite a struggle trying to remember which of them I'd played, and which I hadn't.

MK

city17 dweller

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: 'reawakened' game
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
MK, it certainly taught me a lesson about paying attention to what I type... I missed 'wakened' as one of two common words between me and the rosette, but managed to get 'rewakened'.  Grrr.

nineoaks

• Word-meister
  • Florence, Oregon
    • View Profile
Re: 'reawakened' game
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:42:42 AM »
MK: I loved this game, because it reminded me of teaching prefixes and suffixes to 7th graders. Presented with a word just like 'wake,' my students would have a mad scramble to come up with all the possible (and impossible) variations. Fun!
I also loved making them groan and roll their eyes by playing 'Call Me Irresponsible,' sung by Andy Williams or some other hopelessly uncool artist, then challenging them to find all the pre- and suf- fixes in the lyrics.

nineoaks