Author Topic: Book of "Classic" Chihuahua Puzzles  (Read 12130 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Book of "Classic" Chihuahua Puzzles
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
The latest book of Chihuahua puzzles is a little different from previous volumes. It's called Chihuahua Classic, and contains puzzles that have appeared on this website, accompanied by charts and statistics of the results players achieved online. The intention is that players of the puzzles in the book can measure their success against the people who played the same puzzles when they appeared on the website.

Each puzzle is one that was a daily Standard or Challenge puzzle at some stage from 2007 to mid-2012. Instead of the usual set of target levels (Good, Better, Best, Maven, Cham), the book shows the numbers of words found by various percentages of players.

The book also has a barchart for each puzzle, similar to the chart below the scoreboard on the website, showing numbers of players in each range of scores.

In previous Chi puzzle books all plurals were allowed, but I couldn't follow the same approach in this book, or the results wouldn't have been comparable. So the book follows the same plural rules as the website. However, I must admit, I tried to make sure none of the puzzles in the book contain any of the -S words like dues or pants that might take readers by surprise.

This book also includes in its solutions a few of the "words that might be considered offensive by some players". But here, also, I've taken care to make sure that none of the puzzles include any of the strongest language familiar to hardened online players.

I've no idea how many people will want to have this book. I suppose it is designed to appeal to Chihuahua Nerds - who might constitute a fairly small percentage of the population, but you never know. Anyhow, it was fun putting it together.

The book is now available at amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. It will be on other online book retailer sites before long.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:06:42 PM by Alan W »
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites