Cat
5 (41.7%)
Dog
4 (33.3%)
both
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 10, 2007, 10:34:59 PM

Author Topic: Cat people vs. Dog people  (Read 14700 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: Cat people vs. Dog people
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:55 AM »
Smart arse!  >:D

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:30:18 AM »
I've gotta stick up for the dogs...I love em.  They're loyal, cuddly, and generally kind to everyone.

Pretty much I think most cats are the  >:D.  Specifically one cat from when I lived with a roommate in college.  She (the devilcat) would walk innocently up to you and wind around your legs purring.  She would look so cute!  So the unsuspecting would reach down and let her sniff your hand.  I did this the first time I met the cat.  She started rubbing her head against my hand (generally the sign that you can then go ahead and pet them).  The instant I started to pet her she turned around and bit me and hissed at me as if I invaded her privacy first!  Because of this trait of hers...we decided to call her the stripper cat.  She can touch you, but you sure as **** better not touch her!

Another time, she was lying with my roommate on the couch for over an hour.  Then, as if out of boredom and just to see what would happen, she turned around and bit her on the hand so hard it drew blood!

Give me a dog anyday (well, so long as it is not one of those tiny, ugly, yippy ones).

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 01:39:09 AM »
Hey, there, Anonsi!

Sorry to say, so far, you're the lone voice (er, bark) for the pups. They are fun to go for a walk, but then, you ALWAYS have to take them for walks, and then scoop the poop! What a pain.

However, in your defense, I do agree that the yippy small breeds (like Chihuahua) can be rather annoying.

Cats KNOW who loves them. Of course, there is the occasional rare case of a really mean one, so the one you met might have been one of those aberrations. It probably scarred you for life!

We won't hold it against you!

;)
3-B

Tania

• Logologist
  • Auckland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 07:42:52 AM »
I have to say I have a cat like Anonsi, sweet looking, purr's even, just to suck you in, then whammo!!!  bite scratch etc..  I have a German Shorthaired Pointer (dog) who is lovely (extreamely dumb though  :-[) but yes does poo everywhere (had a complaint from our neighbor last week  :'().  So I'm a bit over cats & dogs at the moment, there was no "don't like/want either anymore" on the poll.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
Just like people, Tania, there are good  :angel: and bad  >:D dogs and cats alike.

I tried to put in an option for "neither" but the poll parameters did not allow a 4th choice!

MAYBE ALAN CAN ATTEND TO THAT DETAIL, IN CASE IT COMES UP AGAIN!

Thanks for your vote, it's duly noted.

Cheers in NZ,
3-B

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »
BBB, you should be able to create as many options as you like. Just click on "(Add option)" next to the final option.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 11:34:48 AM »
Thanks, Alan. Of course, by the time I think of another poll to post, I'll have forgotten your instructions, but I'll tuck it away!

:D
3-B

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »
hi tania & anonsi - although i'm a cat person (but i do like dogs a lot) i have certainly met cats such as the ones you describe -  did have one a bit like that once - she was sort of ok with me, (not what you'd call cuddly though) but quite fierce with others - then again, she used to belong to some young american teachers who lived next door and then went back to the states bequething me the cat - so perhaps she felt abandoned - actually she then started over grooming untill she was almost completely bald - most unattractive - we had to put her on some strong medication which fixed the over grooming but not the unexpected swiping and hissing.
Viz

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 11:33:57 PM »
Well, it's official. The results of the poll show that the cats have it by a whisker among forumites. But the opposition presented a strong argument for their side, and the discussion was "animated" and enlightening.

Thanks for your votes.  ;D
3-B

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 02:35:05 AM »
Of course cats won....
No doubt about it...
 :angel:

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »
Another olden resurrected....

This is not attributed to me....thanks to Binx though.... i thought it was funny...

TO: GOD

Dear God: Is it on purpose our names are the same, only reversed?

Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?

Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'?

Dear God: If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?

Dear God: We Dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good Dog.

1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc.. just because I like the way they smell .
3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.
4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.
5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
7.. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.
8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table..
9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.
10. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.
11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.
12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »
Thanks for that, T!

Here's another dogs vs. cats. I don't know who wrote it, or I would gladly give credit (praise, even)...

Pets' diary:

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
 9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
 9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
 10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
 12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
 1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
 3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
 5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
 7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
 8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My
 favorite thing!
 11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.  They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 09:03:19 AM »
How easily i can imagine that as being the absolute truth....

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
Oh I loved both of those!  ;D ;D

greenone

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:08 PM »
I think this clearly shows that dogs are wonderfully happy creatures who embrace whatever comes their way, and cats are selfish little s**ts.  ;D