Author Topic: Oh Boy  (Read 14638 times)

Gaye Christine

• Paronomaniac
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
    • View Profile
Oh Boy
« on: May 05, 2013, 01:14:03 AM »
I have a confession.  I am quite sure you will all be understanding, so here goes ...

Last night ... this is hard ... I, I ... I dreamt about playing *%$#@$ Chihuahua!!

Okay, feels better getting that off my chest, though the embarrassment is crippling :-[ :-[.

But this wasn't just ordinary day to day Chihuahua.  Every minute the letters would shuffle on the grid, so
just when I was getting somewhere it was like playing a new game.  It was crazy.

It was Chihuahua on crack  ;D ;D

Short version - I really need to get out more .. :-P

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boy
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »
And you thought I was crazy for keeping a tally of my rosettes!

Actually, I must admit to having Chi dreams too, though not as bizarre as yours.  I've dreamt words, usually when I'm one short of a rosette.  Never the right ones, though.  :)

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
I'm not sure if I can recall dreaming of Chi, but its is not uncommon for me to go back to a puzzle in the morning and quickly put in more words.  In all likelihood I actually did dream them up.
Stevens Point, WI

Gaye Christine

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »
And you thought I was crazy for keeping a tally of my rosettes!

I know, Morbius, and I most humbly apologise  ;D

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 07:12:28 PM »
I sometimes find that if I'm reading a book after partially completing a Chi puzzle, a word will jump out as being one I haven't yet got. And on the evening of the 'emblazoned' puzzle last week, when I hadn't yet got 'emblazoned', I was driving my car when it came to me completely out of the blue. A wonderful thing, the subconscious.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »
Short version - I really need to get out more

Or cut down on the crack?

I haven't had a Chi dream but how frustrating it was even harder to get a rosette! But I do get words coming into my mind after I've left a puzzle... Sometimes hours later. I like it when that happens, my little brain worrying away at the letters...

Gaye Christine

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Short version - I really need to get out more
Or cut down on the crack?

;D ;D ... or perhaps more ...

As you and the others have said, amazing how the brain works.  A tad disconcerting when you think about it, your brain chugging away in the background whilst you are thinking of something entirely different in the foreground, so to speak!!