Author Topic: home repairs  (Read 1640 times)

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
home repairs
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
For the last several weeks we have had a repairman come in to fix things around the house.  He really is an artist with plaster, able to match the texture of new plaster to the texture of the old plaster (and he doesn't mind having to paint).

This last weekend he was working on our bedroom, so the waterbed had to be drained.  This sounds simple enough; run a siphon hose out of the second story window and all is good, right?

Either this guy or his helper bumped the hose, dislodging it from its position hanging out of the window.  The siphon emptied a fair portion of the waterbed onto the bedroom floor.  Water made its way down to the lower level, so it was raining in my kitchen.

The guys apologized many times, and helped clean up the mess, and then apologized some more.

After a few minutes I had an idea.  I told them not to worry, I've got them covered.  When Mrs. A comes back from the marathon I will tell her "Don't worry, it's all under control.  It was "only one" perfectly harmless game of Jumanji . . ."

- A
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)