Author Topic: It's been a long time..  (Read 12188 times)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
It's been a long time..
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
Hello everyone, [oldies and newies]

It's been ages since i have been on the forum, for several different reasons;
1- my computer wouldn't let me post
2- my time has been very limited for the last 9 months [no i have not had a baby!!!!]
3- the reason my time has been very limited was because my mum was very ill and we [my sisters and me] had been looking after her pretty much 24/7 for the last 7-8 months- sadly she passed away in July, and now we have all the aftermath to deal with.
4- the Olympics are here and are in my home town of Weymouth [ at least the sailing events are] and the last few weeks have been manic here too...I hope you are all watching them- especially the sailing, and feel inspired to visit..

Anyway- there is not a hope in hell of me reading through all the posts i have missed- so if i have missed anything vital please let me know.

I have missed you all, and playing the game...and will endeavour to get on more often and put in my tuppence worth once again...

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a long time..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »
Hi T, and welcome back. So sorry to hear about your mum. We've missed you on the forum but as for your having missed anything vital - nah!

Good to have you back with us.

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
Thanks Pat,
I appreciate that..

i did note that you had been asking if anyone had seen me, it's nice to have been missed.
I have missed the banter too and am way behind on all the new words..how am i going to catch up??

:-\

Gaye Christine

• Paronomaniac
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:53:50 PM »
Hi Technomc, welcome back.  I'm quite a newbie, so you won't "recognise" me, but I have to say that
it's obvious you have been missed on the forum.

cb

• Linguissimo
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:48 AM »
You have indeed been missed.  Sorry you've had such a tough time.  Glad to see you pop back and hope to see more of you soon.
cb

rhino

• Word-meister
  • Sydney, Australia
    • MSN Messenger - rhinoserenity@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
Hi T, nice to have you back and sorry you have been going through such a tough time, big hugs ...
Obsessive rhinophile

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »
Great to hear from you again, T.

I thought of you when watching the Olympic sailing, but I couldn't spot you on the foreshore.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
About time too!!!

Glad to see you back, mate, and so sorry to hear about your Mum - you must have been through a rough time.

I've missed your banter 'cos I've had to be pleasant to people - it will be great to release my inner hag now I have you to spar with again! 

Hope you're enjoying ogling all the hunky yachtsmen who have converged on Weymouth for the Olympics!  There must be some, surely?!

Speak soon, I hope.   >:D

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »
Well, thanks everyone...
It has been rough/tough...and my Mum, bless her, was not the easiest person in a good mood, yet alone when ill...but anyway- more good times ahead i hope.

Viral, how could you not see me- i was the one with the union jack jumping up and down waving like a loony and shouting!!!!!

Linda, you old hag, i have missed you and our virtual sparring....bring it on buddy...or shall we take it outside????
And YES, to the hunky men- unfortunately they are staying just out of reach on their boats....mind you, i don't blame them!!!

Thanks Rhino and cb, it is good to know i have been missed...

And thank you and welcome to Gaye Christine. Linda would say that the only reason you are still here as a relative newby is that i wasn't around to welcome you on your first posting- she has this theory that my welcomes were the kiss of death to all new forumates!!!   

So come on then you lot...what's the goss!!!!!!????

It's good to be back...

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »
Good to see you back on the forum, T!  You have surely been missed.

Alonzo Quixote

• Paronomaniac
  • Greenlawn, NY, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Welcome back to the Forum.

You've been missed. 

The Forum hasn't been the same during your absence.

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »
Welcome back, T. So sorry to hear about your mom. Even if she was difficult, it's still hard to see someone go.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
Hi T, was thinking of you the other day when watching Ben Ainslie & other fab sailors on the telly.  Am so envious that you had it on your doorstep!  Welcome back and hope you find things get easier as time passes. My Mother could be quite difficult but it still didn't make it any easier when she passed away 2 years ago.
All the best, Penny

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
Thanks again guys...  It is nice to think of my fellow formates watching Tv and thinking of me...it was fab having the sailing on my doorstep practically- the town had really good coverage and hopefully we will see a lot more international visitors from now on.

It was worth the 2 years of hell the town, and locals, went through...and i mean HELL.....

All over now though...

Lovely to be back on...i have missed you all..

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »
Sorry to learn about your mum T. It's really hard having a fractious parent who is terminally ill. I am in Johannesburg, South Africa at the moment, trying to sort out my mum's stuff. She has secondary breast cancer that has spread through both lungs. And this is exacerbated by type 2 diabetes.
When my daughter and I got here in July, my mum was still living alone in her house, which a complete shambles. Her fridge was full of rotting food, and she was very confused, but also extremely aggressive. It has taken almost 3 months to move her into a nursing home, sell her house and start to dispose of all her stuff. She was a hoarder of the worst kind - unable to throw anything out, and that includes old till slips, newspapers, bio-degrading plastic containers, broken and worn out clothing etc. The mess was indescribable, and also filthy. We cannot get rid of the mice :(
She was admitted yesterday to the local hospice with severe dehydration after three days of dreadful diarrhoea. I suspect that this was caused by uncontrolled high blood sugars, but everybody else is blaming the chemotherapy. I can't get these doctors to take diabetes seriously - they are all oncology experts, and dont get it that there may be another cause of her discomfort.
I have been dealing with antique dealers, junkshop dealers, charity shops, people tramping through to look at the house (which is now sold, thank goodness!) I still have to sell her car. We leave back home t New Zealand on 4th October, so the pressure is on to finalise as much as possible before then.

Well, I'm going to go see my mum now, so I'll stop :)

Nice to see you back on the forums T, and I'll try to keep up a but more often on the forums myself  :)