Author Topic: Tools  (Read 13074 times)

Mancklin

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Tools
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:12 AM »
It has begun to dawn on me that a lot of you gals out there are using tools. Like, dictionaries and stuff. Whereas I have been doing it out of my head. So to speak.

I believe the Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons had tools. Chimps too. So maybe I should go carve me a piece of antler.
Sitting here by the fire, with my hunting dogs chewing on bones...
Mancklin

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
Re: Tools
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:58:39 AM »
Hi Mancklin! These new-fangled dictionaries and things they call thesauri aren't so bad. If y'all happen to come across one while huntin' down that moose, you could maybe take a look! Don't know that it'll help ya git all them words, though....lots of them ya kinda havta find in yer own brain, if'n ya got one!   :D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »
Yup, I do believe they are sold in those bitty little kountry mini-marts out yonder in the boonies. Make good reading by the campfire. Just don't let the hounds git a-holt 'a one. Theyre mighty tasty eatin' with a little BBQ sauce!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:07:43 AM by biggerbirdbrain »

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 01:09:54 AM »
You think???
You may be right...i hold up my hands and confess... :-[  ..i use a pen and paper [or maybe a pencil when i can't find a pen]  and once revealed, i do write down in a notebook all the words that i hadn't found...then i look em up and try to use them.. does that make me a Neanderthal...???
As yet i have never used the online dictionaries...i only discovered where they were the other day.. DAAAAAh!!
And i am far to lazy to go through a dictionary...and the ones i have got certainly don't have the really weird words in...cos i struggle to find them anywhere... :-\
But it comes down to whether you can be bothered or not really....i can't be, nor am i...bovvered...
But that is why i can't really be bovvered with the standard game...apart from the fact that it takes me so long to do the challenge game and i don't have time...it seems that there may be folks who get the word list on another comp and enter them...
We have posted about this before i believe....
Just do what suits you Mancks...but you sound very cross about it...life's too short mate...
T  ;)

Mancklin

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 01:20:12 AM »
Aw shucks ah ain't cross T, just mullin it over; an Binks, If'n ah got a brain, well how civil is that, juss becus mah ah Q is a hunred or so points below yours don't mean ah ain't got a brain. It's raht there tellin' me te breathe an helpin me figer out wheer the nex possum roast is comin from. An plus ah jes picked a grub out of a tree usin a STICK!
Mancks

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 02:13:17 AM »
Were you guys in 'Deliverence' ???
This is all a bit too scary.....
I'm going to watch the Waltons now..or Little House on the Prairie...to get back to 'NICE & NORMAL'
 ;)

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 07:19:43 AM »
Mancks, my esteemed and erudite acqaintance.....not for a moment did I mean to question your undoubted intelligence. I abase myself before you...I beg you to forgive my momentary lapse of manners....perhaps you may find it in your heart, in the fullness of time, to overlook such impertinance.
I remain your devoted and humbled servant
Binks  :D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:20:55 AM »
And I just spelled "impertinence" wrong, didn't I ? How clever is that?  ;D

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »
Hi Ms Binkington - i thought you were getting kind of tetchy with the constant abbreviation of your elegant monniker, so i thought i would de abbreviate it (what is the opposite of abbreviate- anyway - whatever it is i've just done it)

More poems please! how is the magnum opus on BBB going - i'm looking forward to reading it, so chop chop!

Viz
Viz

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 06:26:59 AM »
How kind you are Viz.......perhaps I should be double-barrelled....Binkington-ffortescue, maybe!
As for the aforementioned magnus opium......give me time........us poets have to have inspiration, you know.....or at least enough of the bubbly stuff :D :D :D :D :D :D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 07:18:57 AM »
Here, your ladyship, have another! I'll be in the corner waiting to pour ANYTIME, so that the Muse flows through amply and often.

your devoted butlerette,
3-B

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 07:41:24 PM »
hi ms Binkington-ffortescue - i like that new name -  quite regal - or Oscar Wildish (might end up as BF though knowing these  forumites.)  Have a glass of bubbles for me - actually - i might go and have one for myself - even better

ciao
Viz

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »
hi again ms Binkington-ffortescue - i see you have the coveted rosette in the challange - what a star ! :-)
Viz

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 06:51:48 AM »
Too, too kind................thanks most awfully. Fraightfully sorry, but the new name has had a strange effect.....must be orff now....toodlepip!

:D