Author Topic: New Word Suggestion - Pocho  (Read 16904 times)

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: New Word Suggestion - Pocho
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 09:29:08 PM »
yeah, c'mon binks - just a little hint - and what's wrong with brussel sprouts - i like them and i think they need a new pr agent- a sadly maligned vegetable.
Viz

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 09:31:38 PM »
or what about you bbb - just a teensy weensy hintette? - i appeal to your generous spirit and prostate myself (a bit) at your exhalted feet
Viz

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »
 Well, Viz and Linda, I always was a sucker for a hard luck story, so I'll let you in on a little secret........if the 2 words you haven't got are the last 2 words I found, then.......................
they were really unusual and I'd never come across them before !  Not only that, I only found them after doing an eyeball-bursting through all possible combinations of letters in various wordlists.  Does that help, dears?

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »
Not really!!!  You could tell us how many common words you have beginning with each letter?!!!  I'm getting desperate!

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 09:45:07 PM »

But you're forgetting I haven't found all the words in the puzzle, and some of the other so-called common words were unusual, I thought!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 09:53:20 PM »
Linda, you nearly tipped me over with your persuasive pleading, but I, like Binks, still have some words left undone and am still pulling wads of hair out. BJS is the one you should ask. She seems to just run right up there and get trophy after trophy after trophy. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
   No......I'm not being fair.....I think most of the common words were just that......it's the others that were weird!    Can't hint.......
sorry!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 09:56:12 PM »
Sulking now!

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 10:06:14 PM »
well lindy loo- having got a rosette via a herculean effort, i wouldnt dream of insulting you by giving you any hints - but what they say is right - all the common words are quite common (not like that - i mean not rare and in every day speech)  cough, cough, cough - good grief just had a coughnig fit - must be too many of thse naughty ciggies - good luck. Also - i just looked at your total word hits with the rare button turned on , and you're about a million miles ahead of me, so definitely no hints - i nearly weakened, but i was persuaded by bink's arguments.
Viz

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 10:07:55 PM »
Ooooooh Viz....you naughty girl you!!!!!   Do you think they got it?????

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »
Viz - I don't know if you were being too subtle there but in any case I just got one more word ... v. common and one I thought I'd already added to the list!  More hints, please, you don't want me to gain yet more bags and wrinkles, do you?  :D

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 10:18:19 PM »
what do you mean binks - is it cause i mentionned ciggies - i thought i had already outed myself in that regard - and what on earth do you mean linda about being subtle - in any case - i wouldnt mind it if you did get a few more wrinlles - you now how i feel about peope who look unnaturally young for their supposed age
Viz

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »
No, we wouldn't want your idol Johnny snubbing you, dear.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »
I won't give you any more invaluable beauty hints if you don't come up with the goods, Viz!  And, 3B, you're going to make me cry at the mere thought of Johnny snubbing me .... it's too much to bear (nearly typed in bare then ... don't know where my mind is today!!!)   :P

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 10:28:37 PM »
Just go to him, and reveal your feelings! I'm sure he'll find you (and your eye(s) ) irresistible  :-R. You'll be miserable if you don't.  ;)