Author Topic: suggested word: dewet  (Read 4183 times)

a non-amos

  • Glossologian
  • **
  • Posts: 1053
    • View Profile
suggested word: dewet
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:52:14 PM »
Wetting and dewetting reltate to fluid mechanics.

When a fluid is on a substrate, it will wet or dewet the substrate.  If the fluid wets the substrate, the fluid covers the substrate with a uniform film.  If the fluid dewets the substrate, it gathers into droplets or strings of fluid around dry patches.

Can we add dewet to the dictionary?  Thanks!
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)