Author Topic: Photo Problems  (Read 29042 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Problems
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 10:57:41 PM »
3B - Just do what I've done and take a small section of your face - then you won't have to worry too much about lighting, setting or 'does my bum look big in these' pants!  I could be the size of a whale for all you lot will know - but at least I'm not green in the face like someone I could mention!!!  :D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 11:00:47 PM »
Don't be afraid, Alan, I'm not as scary as I look, honest!  Might try messing about with other pics now I've got the hang of it!  Be afraid ... be very afraid!!!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »
I must say your results were much more sultry and alluring than my little stick-figure faces. In fact, probably much more sultry and alluring than any closeup of me would be. Remember Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard: "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. De Mille." and her face! - that would be me!

YOU DID A LOVELY JOB, LINDA! (I'm sure T will protest that!)

Onya,  ;)
3-B

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 11:13:05 PM »
I liked your stick figures - v. clever!  I have been thinking (I do occasionally) you ought to write a book about Chi and the Forumites, as you're a renowned writer!  I'm sure it would be v. interesting and would become a world best-seller!  I would help you - you'd never believe it from the amount of mistakes that appear in my posts, but I do proofreading for an educational journal!  I'm sure you've got plenty of spare time on your hands to give some thought to this project!!!  Yes?

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 11:16:17 PM »
"The innies and outies of the hypnotic Chi." - working title.

The first chapter's nearly ready for galleys! They're in your email. Awaiting your reply.

Cheers,
3-B* (*not the author's real name - I like nom de plumes like George Sand, Elia, Mark Twain, etc.)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
Well done - knew it wouldn't take you a minute!  My favourites pseudonyms are Acton, Currer and Ellis Bell (Bs, you see) or even Boz!  I'm sure you're up there with the likes of the Bronte sisters and Charles Dickens!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 11:33:28 PM »
So, Linda. Thanks for the kind remarks, I'll try to live up to your high expectations.

Well, I've discovered, however, that in researching this project (we always do our research, you know, and "ferret out" the truth, as you like to say), that it would only be fitting and proper to give appropriate tribute to the game's esteemed Uber-Doberman Alan Walker. We'll need a complete CV, with his thoughts for the introduction, thanking us for doing the book, rocketing him up to the rich fame and glory he so justly deserves for all his kindness, diligence and brilliance.

We must arrange the jacket design, more photographs (Uggg!) and of course, pre-publicity on various national, and international media (on location, giving us a free ride around the world, certainly), and eventually, a walk on the grand red carpet at awards shows, face-time with various heads of state and dignitaries, Stephen Hawking, and then, the American/British Idle shows. Perhaps, even a guest spot on Dr. Who!

Well, that's my first plan. Now, on to Chapter 2.

See you in a bit,
Cheers,  :D
3-B
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:51:17 PM by biggerbirdbrain »

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 11:53:05 PM »
Apologies, Alan. I've edited out the smartypants remark, but if you saw it, it's gone. I'm just too glib, and meant no disrespect, truly. I was just being a (not-so) wise guy. Open mouth, insert foot.

:-[
3-B

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 04:45:58 AM »
Hey threeb,
you sound just like me...making excuses for not posting a piccy....

AND LOOK AT THE CRAP YOU GAVE ME ABOUT IT!!!

And if 'little Miss IT'  can't work out how to send another piccy there is no hope for me at all....

So Bloody There!!!!

;)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 05:12:09 AM »
Ooh er - tetchy T - as you can see I have managed to post another piccy so there yourself!!!  Notice I am too refined to add the b word!   :D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 07:24:28 AM »
YEAH YEAH YEAH - but I haven't said anything about its quality or COLOR, have I? Nor did I vilify you pillar to post, did I? nya-nya-nyanyanya-nya-nyahhhhhhhh.

Besides, you were asked long ago, and being so coy and reiterating, it took you forever to warm up to it. At least I provided a few (albeit crude) alternatives as a modest preview (see stick faces posted earlier), although I can never do them justice.

Have a wonderful day!

;)
3B     ^    ^
         X    X
             :
          ^^^

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 07:42:54 AM »
If i knew what any of that meant i might have been able to reply...but as i can't, i wont..... :-\
So I will save my witty repartee for it where it can be fully appreciated....[by those that have posted a photograph, regardless of it's content and/or quality..]
LL is that the eye you are giving us???   Very coy???

I can honestly say i haven't got another recent picture of me to post..or i would have tried....i did promise to get one soon..and i mean it...i will...but you may be sorry...the wellies are far more attractive...and they are nicely posed..i did lick my lips before i took it...
 ;)

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »
well linda - i'm even more suspicious now - that looks like an extremely young eye ball to me - not all what i expect a 50+ eyeball to look like - where wrinkles? where saggy bits? whose eye ball is that ? - or is this in fact due to not putting face cream on at night as per previous posts? tell the truth and shame the devil is my advice - so fess up - that is your 30 something friend isnt it?
Viz

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 07:44:23 PM »
That photo was taken New Year's Eve obviously before I had consumed copious amounts of dry white!  There are numerous wrinkles, sags and bags but not as many as there would have been if I had been slathering my face with night cream!  Have you tried my tip yet?  Have you turned into a rhino or is your face as smooth as a baby's bum?   :D

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
no - too scared to try it yet - in fact hgave moved on to the super duper extra strength heavy duty lubrication - similar to what they use on old car engines i think. I'll have to work up my courage.
Viz