Author Topic: The new look  (Read 2969 times)

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
The new look
« on: April 20, 2011, 07:53:07 AM »
Hey everyone.

Alan, I don't care much for the new look.  The letters just don't stand out for me like they did which makes it jarring.  Anyone else have any feelings?

Tom
Stevens Point, WI

cb

• Linguissimo
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: The new look
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »
I gotta say, I really like it.  Especially the Full Screen version.
cb

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
Not sure what you mean by the new look, Tom. Do you mean the layout of the letters in the new puzzle? I remember it being suggested to Alan that they could be arranged in a 1-2-3-4 pyramid and he said he'd been considering that but decided it took up too much space. He obviously found a solution, though, and I think it looks fine.

Like you, cb, I especially like the full screen version.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »
Tom might have to speak for himself on this, but I am guessing he means that the grey background and the blue letter boxes don't harmonize well together and make it harder for the letters to stand out visually. Although I don't think it has slowed me down that much, I have to say I don't care for this particular color combo.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

2 tanners

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »
If it's the colour scheme, I find it quite calming, and that's good.  OTOH if it's the layout, I find it confusing or challenging, and that's good too.

Just my one bob's worth.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »
Tom might have to speak for himself on this, but I am guessing he means that the grey background and the blue letter boxes don't harmonize well together and make it harder for the letters to stand out visually. Although I don't think it has slowed me down that much, I have to say I don't care for this particular color combo.

Well I guess I'm not very observant. I hadn't even noticed that the colour scheme had changed!

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 01:11:22 AM »
I wasn't talking about the colors, which are fine.  But for some reason, for a couple of days, the boxes around the letters were gone so I just had black letters in a grid pattern and on the 10 letter game, the black letters were one a black pyramid and had a little line drawn through them.  The key letter wasn't highlighted either.

Today its back to normal.  It must have been my computer acting up instead of a puzzle look change.  Hence, the message to the group.  I hope it doesn't happen to me again.
Stevens Point, WI