Author Topic: Latest word list update  (Read 3231 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Latest word list update
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
Quite a few words have been added to the Chihuahua list. The details are on the Word List Updates page.

All these words result from suggestions made in the forum. (I said I would add "revulsed", but it turns out that word was already allowed. "Revulse" and "revulsing" have been added.)
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Latest word list update
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »
G'day Alan!

Well, with the new cornucopia (it seems) of new words you've deemed acceptable lately, it might be time for another update, eh? I can't keep up. And with today's challenge LAST %*@#$(&^%# COMMON WORD, I need all the help I can get!

Pretty please!  :angel:

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »
Good point, Threeb. Although I wouldn't quite say it was a cornucopia - according to my records, there are seven words due to be added:

• CAPRI
  • MICROSITE
  • TODGER
  • DERO
  • BLUES
  • SHINGLES
  • MINGER

However, one of these, dero, could have been used yesterday if I'd been a bit quicker off the mark about adding it. As for help with the common words, almost all of the words added to the list have been classed as rare. The only exception up till now was does. But from this crop, I would say both blues and shingles should be tagged as common.

Anyhow, I'll get on to updating the word list shortly. Thanks for reminding me.
Alan Walker

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
And, thanks, again!
 :D

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
OK, 3-B and other new word fans, the word list has just been updated. When I looked through the forum posts, I found there were quite a few more than the ones listed in my previous post. The full list is on http://chi.lexigame.com/news/newwords.html as always.

If there are any I've left out, it's hardly surprising, given the free association style of forum discussions. But let me know about any I've overlooked and I'll fix it up.
Alan Walker