Author Topic: forum member's location  (Read 24902 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: forum member's location
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »
Oh dear!  I seem to have failed miserably!  Everyone else seems to have their location with their picture.  Oh well back to the drawing board.. :(
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
T - I said nowt.... hehehe!!  >:D

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 03:22:52 AM »
Possibly also to stop the smarties from using responses such as 'often' and 'Yes, Please!'

Well yes, there was that too, ilandrah. But the forumites are far too mature and sensible to make such come-backs!

:o

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
Possibly also to stop the smarties from using responses such as 'often' and 'Yes, Please!'

Well yes, there was that too, ilandrah. But the forumites are far too mature and sensible to make such come-backs!

:o

Speak for yourself, Pat.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 05:33:04 AM »
I live in Milton Keynes which is a relatively new city.  It has grid roads H's & V's joined up by lots and lots of roundabouts (does wonders for your tyres) and housing estates in the middle.  I am lucky to live in Bletchley (Bletchley Park?) which is an old town with a bit of character.

Hi, Hobbit.  Are you in the town where all the books were taken out of the library to try to force the town administrators to keep the library open?

cb

• Linguissimo
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 07:39:54 AM »
Oh dear!  I seem to have failed miserably!  Everyone else seems to have their location with their picture.  Oh well back to the drawing board.. :(
You succeeded in adding it to your sig.  However, the popular vote seems to be to put it into "Personal Information" in your profile instead - that makes it appear just under the pic.  I started putting mine in my sig but have moved it in order to conform!
cb

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »
Hi Birdy

That's not my town - our library is alive and kicking thank goodness.  Bletchley is famous for the Codebreakers and the Enigma machine which was used to crack the German codes during WWII.  The amazing people who worked there helped to considerably shorten the war.  If anyone is ever in the area it is well worth a visit.

Hi CB

I am going to have a bash at changing my signature at the weekend when I have more time.  There's a limit to what you can do at work! If I can figure out how to do it, I might add a picture!  I have a very large ginger cat called Perkins and I might try uploading a picture of him.  He's not as gorgeous as your kitten but still lovely.
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

cb

• Linguissimo
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 08:36:02 PM »
I have a very large ginger cat called Perkins and I might try uploading a picture of him.  He's not as gorgeous as your kitten but still lovely.
My husband's childhood cat was called Perkin!  We currently have a tabby/white called Bonnie and a silver tabby/white called Beth - they were rescue cats, sisters, about 3 months old when we got them. They must be 8 years old now. They are lovely but not classically beautiful - both a bit splodgy!  I'm afraid my sig pic is one I found elsewhere (but rather fell in love with).

To move your location: Click on Profile (dark blue bar above the messages, 4th item in from the left).  On the new window, at the left hand side, find Modify Profile.  Click on the 2nd entry Forum Profile Information. 

To upload a pic:  Choose "I will upload my own picture" then use the browse... button to find that picture on your computer.  Alternatively, if you want to use one you already have on the web somewhere, use "I have my own pic" and type in the website address of the pic.

Then in Personal Text type in your location information - this will then show under your picture.

Now click Change Profile at the very bottom of the screen so save the changes you have made.

HTH
cb

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 11:29:29 PM »
TRex says that when asked his gender, he replies that he doesn't have one; TRex surely is masculine, third declension (genitive TRegis); the feminine would be TRegina, first declension! Nearly fifty years since I did Latin - it sure stays with you!

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 03:32:30 AM »
I'm sorry, Ilandrah, but some things just cannot be resisted.  Yes, please don't use "yes, please" or "often" too often. :)

Pat:  How did Rugby get its name?  Is the game named after the town or vice-versa?
Stevens Point, WI

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »
Hi Tom.

Here in Rugby we have a 'public' school, called, surprise, Rugby School. I put the word 'public' in quotes because it's an English peculiarity to call schools that only the wealthy can afford to send their kids to 'public' schools. You may have heard of Eton? Well Rugby School is a bit downmarket from that.

In case you don't know, the game of Rugby football was supposedly 'invented' when a Rugby School pupil by the name of William Webb Ellis picked up the ball in a game of football and ran with it. I'm sure there's plenty of information about him on the Internet if you're interested in knowing more.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 05:34:02 AM »
figured I'd post in this thread in hopes that some of our new forum mates will see it and add their locations under their photos.  CB gave some good instructions on how to do it in an earlier post.

To move your location: Click on Profile (dark blue bar above the messages, 4th item in from the left).  On the new window, at the left hand side, find Modify Profile.  Click on the 2nd entry Forum Profile Information. 

To upload a pic:  Choose "I will upload my own picture" then use the browse... button to find that picture on your computer.  Alternatively, if you want to use one you already have on the web somewhere, use "I have my own pic" and type in the website address of the pic.

Then in Personal Text type in your location information - this will then show under your picture.

Now click Change Profile at the very bottom of the screen so save the changes you have made.

HTH