Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 343481 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5685 on: Yesterday at 11:08:21 PM »
Hi Pen,

My rebus tonight is an idiom.  Don’t be too agitated if you don’t get it.

#4  1..#4  2  1  #6

a a

« Last Edit: Today at 12:58:22 AM by Ozzyjack »
Cheers, Jack

“Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” . ― Spencer Johnson

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: Today at 02:30:41 AM »
Don’t be too agitated if you don’t get it.

Hi Jack

It took a little while for the penny to drop & I got all excited & then I began to wonder if we have similar expressions but with a different last word.  So I'm going to wait patiently for the spoiler >:D

I have had quite a productive day so far.  I nipped out & did a little shopping & came back & had some lunch.  I then cooked a shepherd's pie for tomorrow nights dinner.  I intended to do a quick post & then go for a walk.  Unfortunately, it seems to be drizzling again :(  So my rebus sort of relates to that!

#3 #4-#4 #5 #2 #4 #3 #3

THEOF&
In the last picture you're not interested in who they are but what they are!

A golfer turns to his caddie & says "That can't be my ball - it's far too old!"
The caddie replies "It's been a long time since we teed off sir!"

A golfer says to his caddie "Please stop checking your watch all the time.  It's too much of a distraction."
Caddie "It's not a watch it's a compass!"

It's fined up so...
« Last Edit: Today at 02:33:01 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: Today at 06:30:18 AM »
Hi Pen,

SPOILER ALERT – My Puzzle but before you use it consider this as the last word

I think I have your rebus if pictures 4&5 make up one word.  If you confirm that I will be game to issue the usual spoiler alert.  In the meantime I will dream of eating haggis.

Must go. Back later.

Cheers, Jack

“Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” . ― Spencer Johnson

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: Today at 07:00:07 AM »
Hi Jack

It is as I suspected that we have a different variation on your idiom!  I'll keep my powder dry for the moment!

You can be as game as you like as you are correct in your assumption that pictures 4 & 5 make up one word :)

I'm going to flop in my comfy chair & watch last weeks McDonald & Dodds.  If you haven't seen it it might be worth a look.  It's set in Bath & is a crime drama.

I definitely wont be dreaming of eating haggis ;D  I'd rather dream of eating lasagna!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: Today at 01:31:33 PM »
You can be as game as you like

Hi Pen,

You are not making fun of me, are you?  You know how timid I am.

SPOILER ALERT – Pen’s rebus

I am returning to the geological tourist attraction subject.  The answer is in the same land mass as the last one but in a different country.

3  11(#4  #6  #3)  #8  2  (#5  1)  8(#5  #3)

The 2 “the” occurrences are omitted from the pictures.  The last 2 letters deduced from picture 2 and the first 2 letters deduced from picture 3 are duplicated. The pictures are meant to be on one line although they have spilled over.

’s 
« Last Edit: Today at 01:34:37 PM by Ozzyjack »
Cheers, Jack