Author Topic: Bugger daylight savings  (Read 12800 times)

grakay

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Bugger daylight savings
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »
Bambam,

It is an unarguable fact that Daylight Saving can fade curtains!  I remember years ago seeing a letter in The Australian from a bloke in NSW who finished work about 2:00 pm ; when he got home he always closed the curtains on the western side of his house to help keep the heat out.  Daylight Saving exposed his curtains to another hours sunshine. Faster fading curtains!

Do you remember the experiment with Daylight Saving in Queensland back in the mid 70s?  My children were only small then and it was impossible to get them to bed at a reasonable time. 

It's not just North Queenslanders who are opposed to it!!

ilandrah

• Word-meister
  • News South Wales, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Denizens of Ethos
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 04:03:41 PM »
Buy white curtains  ???

;)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »

It is an unarguable fact that Daylight Saving can fade curtains!  I remember years ago seeing a letter in The Australian from a bloke in NSW who finished work about 2:00 pm ; when he got home he always closed the curtains on the western side of his house to help keep the heat out.  Daylight Saving exposed his curtains to another hours sunshine. Faster fading curtains!

It's amazing how some people, desperate to make a point, revert to ludicrous statements like that. One can only hope that the writer himself meant it tongue-in-cheek.

grakay

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »
Hey, Lighten up!!

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
Can't. We're not in daylight saving time.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 10:43:29 PM »
Now that we have returned to GMT, I would just like to thank Alan for adjusting the puzzle changeovers ... and adapting the clock on the puzzle. Therefore, the puzzle that began yesterday at 3 a.m. (Central Standard Time USA) now begins at 2 a.m. GENIUS!