Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 2008 times)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
9/11
« on: September 11, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
This time 9 years ago i sat in horror and disbelief, and cried for hours, as i watched the tragedy of the Twin Towers unfold on my TV.

My thoughts are with all those who suffered the loss of loved ones.

I was moved and humbled when we strolled past the site when in NY with Birdy...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:38:22 PM »
Although we were right there when we went to New York to visit Rogue Daughter #2 a couple of years ago, I could not bring myself to look at Ground Zero. Some of the emotions connected to that day are still very raw, even several years later. It surely horrific for all involved.

Rogue Father was working at the Pentagon when it was struck, but thank God he was in an outbuilding on the opposite side and was unharmed. As a consequence I have difficulty viewing the events of that day in other than personal terms.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Re: 9/11
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
I think this is a painful day for everyone.  I don't deal with it well, so I don't turn on the tv to watch the ceremonies (I did in the past, and it was too difficult).  I have a poster of the rescue workers - I don't know if I'll ever be able to hang it.  I know I watched too much on tv at the time - I'm sure that's why I am still so sensitized to the memories.  Reading about it is different from actually watching the same horrible images over and over.

The site, on the other hand, does not bother me - it's just a big construction site.  It's the memories that hurt so much, even though I did not personally lose anyone.