Author Topic: Raising the Bar  (Read 42510 times)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
Re: Raising the Bar
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »
Hey Linda,
one is.. and  one is brown and the other one is a lightish browny colour.... [spooky eh!] :o
I may only be 5'2" but i am at least 5'7" on the phone....and that compensates on occasions....i am trying very hard to lose a few pounds at the moment..i don't want to be 5'2" round as well as tall....do you find that eating chocolate makes your clothes shrink???
;)

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
hi there Ms L (et al) - i was not being sarcastic - just confused - i somehow thought that you had said how old you were in some post or another and i had assumed (clearly wrongly) that you were , how shall i say it a more "mature" person and the photo was taken about 20 years ago - but now that you say it was a very recent photo i am set clear - just being nosy as someone said. I think it is a very nice photo, although it is a bit hard to tell and anyway, no one likes  therir own photos - it is an unchangable law of nature.

Cheers

Vizzie
Viz

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:37 PM »
These green eyes of mine can't read what other colour, apart from brown, your eyes are, even with the aid of my much detested reading specs.  I am always trying to lose a few pounds but my downfall is savouries though I'm not averse to a bar or 3 of choccy either!  We could do a kind of Weight Watchers support group through the Forum - I say this as I'm wolfing down thick slabs of buttered (well, Bertollied) toast!  What do you think?

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »
I'm definately turning into a 'chi' potato....!!
I do do my ankle excercises whilst sitting in my vegetative state...
And of course my pelvic floor excercises......i am clenching as i post......!!!!
I think thats more than enough physical activity for one day...
;)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2007, 08:21:11 PM »
Miss viz wiz - I was 50 when that photo was taken - surely you can tell by the grey hair (hidden beneath the ghastly hair dye admittedly), the frown lines and wrinkles!   :(  Keeping youthful is an ongoing battle but the make-up department at Boots goes a little way in camouflaging the ravages of time!  ;)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2007, 08:25:55 PM »
Well....
i am 50 soon....the grey hairs are hidden by a different colour..but still out of a bottle....
I'm too lazy to do the make-up malarky...so the lines and wrinkles are apparent...and anyway i deserve every one and am proud of them....
Is there no end to our spookinesses.....der der der der der der der der...[in the tune of the twilight zone....
;)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2007, 08:30:44 PM »
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully ... however, I am fairly high maintenance when it comes to the old slap ... just love it ... am v. girly - lipstick, eye shadow, liner, mascara, blusher, bronzer, nail varnish, perfume - the list is endless and costs poor old hubby a fortune!  Ha ha - that's the price he has to pay for marrying a non-domestic goddess!!!   ;D

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2007, 08:58:11 PM »
well i've had a very close look (even put my glasses on) and all i can say is IT DOESN"T LOOK 50 TO ME - perhaps i'd better invest in a bit more make up although goodness knows i spend a fortune on creams and potions and lotions as it is- not to mention $200+ every time i go to the hairdresser - not to mention the huge bills for the peridontist etc - i only work to keep the dentist's children at private school - (and to add insult to injury horrible things are planned for me when i next visit the dentist on Friday)  whinge whinge grizzle grizzle etc  - are you sure you were 50 when that photo was taken Ms Linda? i'm very cross now.

Viz Wiz
Viz

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:14 PM »
Viz Wiz - I was indeed 50 - in fact I was 50 and a half to be precise!  The key to youthful looks is to drink plenty of very dry white wine, smoke a few fags, eat a lot of dross and avoid hairdressers, dentists and gyms!  I find it works for me!  Above all, think shiny, happy thoughts and retain your inner child!!!  V. deep for me, eh!   ;D

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »
Hi L - i do most of those things (with the exception of dentist and hairdressers as previosuly discussed - and those are simply essentials at my very advanced age) and tend to drink more red than white - perhaps that's the secret - memo to self : must go out and order a few dozen chenin blancs at once. The Australian wine industry is in for a boom year - happy days.  (hic)
V
Viz