Author Topic: Letterbox Game Upgraded  (Read 3170 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Letterbox Game Upgraded
« on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
Chihuahua is the game we generally talk about on the forum, but there are some other games on the Lexigame websites. Letterbox was the first game I put online, in 2003. In recent years I've been neglecting Letterbox in favour of other projects, and nothing had changed on its site for a long time... until now!

I've just upgraded the Letterbox site with a couple of new play options and a site re-design. If you've played the game in the past, you might be interested to have a look. If you have never seen it, now might be the time to give it a try.

Now that I've broken the drought on Letterbox enhancements, I'll be thinking about further improvements - things like an online high score table, and a multi-player mode. As always, I'd be interested in your comments.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

greenone

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Letterbox Game Upgraded
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »
Way too tricky Alan.  I find it hard enough getting lots of words on the daily puzzle!!!!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »
Not for me, I'm afraid ... requires too much strategic thinking!

ensiform

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »
That's great Alan.  I started as a Letterbox player, then got addicted to the Chi.  But Letterbox is a terrific game, and I love the new changes - I like that they're both options rather than just implemented no matter what.  It gives a lot of different ways to play; so there's an "excuse" to play lots and lots of games to see which way is better!  

I will add this, though: perhaps the "recommended links" section should be more noticeable. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:55:41 AM by ensiform »

Fireworks

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »
Thanks for upgrading Letterbox, Alan.  I play it quite often - usually only for a few minutes (and often while talking on the phone).  I don't take it very seriously and often don't even look at whether or not the computer is beating me - more interested in trying to get a decent score.

I like having the Qu together, and the proportional letters.

Fireworks