Author Topic: Forum sabotaged! (briefly)  (Read 17744 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum sabotaged! (briefly)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 01:44:34 AM »
I'm not convinced that the language is Turkish, though it might be. Goguryeo was an ancient kingdom in Korea, so there is some possibility that the language is Korean. Of course, when I first saw the hacked page, my first thought was that it was Klingon, but what do I know? ;)
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Punnivinn

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
The message of the hackers was
Goguryeo Says : Sen, sen ol! Asla biz olma...
ZeYsUs Says : Biz Alemin Kraliyiz Aslanim, Ite Cakala Verecek Canimiz Yok...

I did put it into a translator, and that's what came out:

Goguryeo: The you and the you become! Never you do not become the we...
ZeYsUs: The we the world Kraliyiz Aslanim and Ite Cakala debt Canimiz...

First part means then "you, you become! You'll never be us" or something like that. Ol can mean also: archaic 1. that; those. 2. he; she; it.

It didn't translate all the words of the latter part, so I tried to find the missing words separately.

Kraliyiz is perhaps something from these:
kral 1. king. 2. colloq. super, A1, top-notch.
kraliyet,-ti 1. kingdom. 2. kingship.

Aslanım (i without the dot):
aslanım! colloq. My good friend! (a complimentary address that sometimes introduces a request).
BTW, aslan is lion.

Ite -- didn't find.

Cakala can have something to do with çakal or, more likely, with cakalı:
çakal 1. jackal. 2. slang shady person, underhanded person. 3. prov. finicky, irritable, quick-tempered.
cakalı slang characteristic of a show-off; ostentatious, pretentious.

Canimiz maybe from canım:
canım Word for expressing affection. Similar to sweetheart or honey. The literal meaning is my life.

Yok... Too long to copy: http://www.turkishdictionary.net/?word=yok
There you can also find the expression Yok canım! which reminds the ending of the message (Canimiz Yok).
Yok canım! colloq. 1. I wouldn't think of it!/I wouldn't dream of it! 2. You can't be serious!/You're having me on! 3. That's not the case./You've misunderstood.

Still difficult to understand... Something like "we are the world kingdom, my friend, and don't think to leave your debts unpaid"?

Punnivinn

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »
I find it always funny when somebody thinks that Estonians/Latvians (or even Finns) are dullish axe murderers who live in the caves.
I haven't thought any of those are axe murderers, but do Finns ever smile? ???

Yes, actually they do, sometimes. Even the american-style keep-smiling-"ideology" is quite common. Latvians are slightly different, but Finns and Estonians are quite similar (and very close relatives).

Both are known as perhaps the most phlegmatic beings in the world. Slow, calm, self-contained, speaking not so loud. Even when totally drunk, the half of Estonian/Finnish men are just sitting and talking with restrained, maybe just a little raised voice. They hardly dance then (but love to sing!), sometimes they fight, of course, and are friends afterwards, and when they don't fight, they start to keep some grudge inside and that can have an unhappy ending in the future (maybe in 20 or 50 years as they are not so fast). But they love laughing and joking.

When there were not so many cities around, the people of the hotter areas (and even in Russia which isn't so hot) lived together, the houses were side by side, but in Estonia or Finland there was one hut or farmhouse, then about a mile of free space and then the next hut.

There are many jokes about the slowness of Estonians/Finns (e.g. "Look, what's that hanging in the sky for two hours already?" -- "That's an Estonian parachutist.").

Interestingly, these slow creatures love the speed of the motor vehicles. There are many of prominent Finnish F1 and rally drivers, and some Estonians too (like Markko Märtin).

I don't know whether Nova will agree with my describing. Most likely.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:21:27 PM by Punnivinn »

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »
Elina, my "almost" daughter-in-law, has a lovely, warm smile TRex, but that might be unusual?

Punnivinn, it's interesting about not living too close to others.  Elina talks longingly of the family of the family cabin in a forest near a lake.  She and Tim want to get married here and she has asked me to find out about forest weddings.  I'm not sure what I'll be able to find for her as SA is too dry and we have only one area of indigenous forest.  Maybe she'll be happy with a pine plantation or settle for beach, mountain or wine farm instead.  We have plenty of those!

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
I asked because the few Finns I've encountered have been very sober and taciturn. Its just my experience, but know others with similar experiences.