Author Topic: April Fools Day  (Read 1931 times)

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
April Fools Day
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
Forumites are very clever, so I assume that many have perpetrated or seen some delightful April Fools Day pranks this year.  Please feel free to recount them.  I'm all ears.

A friend at work played a good one.  We have a refrigerator that is reserved for soft drinks, served on the honor system.  Put a quarter into the kitty and get a can of fizzy stuff.

In normal operation, this refrigerator door has a hinge on the right side and a handle on the left.  My friend swapped the hinge without swapping the handle.  Both the hinge and the handle were on the left side, so pulling the handle did nothing productive.

An assortment of caffeine deprived engineers thought I had done something with the fridge, so they were holllering at me all day long.  The more I protested my innocence, the more guilty I looked.  This joke worked on at least two levels.

By the way, is April Fools Day only an American thing, or is it more widespread?
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
Re: April Fools Day
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »
It's wide spread a-non....

Somw of our TV and Radio AF jokes are very famous...like the spaghetti tree episode for example.
Most of the stations do something.

The biggest 1 in my area was the local radio station reporting that bulldozers had turned up at the local theatre [which is due for updating] READY TO START PULLING IT DOWN..
Hundreds of protestors turned up.... to find lots of toy bulldozers and diggers outside the theatre....

Love your one though...might save that up for next year...

On the same thread, some of my colleagues used a nail gun to nail closed all the drawers in nother colleagues filing cabinet...

Oh the joys!!!  >:D