Author Topic: Sick...  (Read 2724 times)

cb

• Linguissimo
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
Sick...
« on: January 21, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »
Head stuffed full of cold and lost my voice so off work (you cannae teach a class of teenagers much when you are speechless).

Feeling dead sorry for myself - I hate being off for any reason, and of course, I hate feeling ill, so all in all, not a happy kittie. 

Slight consolation of being able to divert myself with Chi and friendly chit-chat, but then again, my head is mince so I got nowhere slow with yesterday's :(

CB
cb

smaug

• Paronomaniac
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Sick...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »
hope you feel better soon
We are sweltering in Sydney with 35 dgrees plus and lotsa humidity - big storm tonight. Cold and flu seem a long way off!

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:12:28 AM »
Chilly here in NYC.

I wonder how many people caught colds after standing outside for hours at the presidential inauguration in Washington yesterday?  Thank goodness the speeches were short!

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:43:47 AM »
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, cb.  You now have me wanting a big bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Which is something I have occasionally when I'm sick.

We're having a bit of a warm spell where I live, and it has me hoping that winter is nearing its end. It's so deceiving, since I know there is still so much more to come for us!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 03:34:53 AM »
I hope you are feeling better by now, cb. If not, I prescribe massive doses of Krispy Kreme doughnuts if available. If not, then the most sugary pastries that you can get your hands on. Plus a daily zinc pill washed down by Pepsi or some other fizzy drink. Works for me every time.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

cb

• Linguissimo
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
Thanks to all for their well-wishes.  Yes, I am feeling quite a lot better now - though was still off school today as my voice is still very croaky and would probably have vanished altogether as soon as I was in front of a class.  Hopefully, will be back firing on all cylinders in time for 8.30 on Monday.

Not a big fan of doughnuts or sweet pastries, RM.  Though I'm a sucker for chocolate and any form of biscuits.  But I made a nice big pot of soup on Sunday (last weekend) and that has definitely helped get me through the week - especially when my throat was so sore that solid food was a bit of a struggle!  And my daily multi-vit+mineral pill washed down with a big mug of hot chocolate probably didn't do any harm either.

CB
cb