Author Topic: sailing anyone?  (Read 12763 times)

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
Re: sailing anyone?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »

Hmmmmm..... our psychic lines are a bit tangled, methinks, LL. 'Twas I, Binks, not Threeb, wot sent you the message!

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

Re Anna Massey and Morse - I think I remember the episode you mean. The family "house" looked more like a castle, and there were 2 rather odd sons....one played by Martin Clunes.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »
I do hagpologise, Binks, I was at work at the time and in a rush.

Presactly right about the Morse programme ... Anna Massey gets stabbed at the end of the programme by her 'daughter' and most of the sons get killed off too ... Oxford is such a dangerous place to live!!  >:D

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 06:32:58 PM »
Birdy, I love SF and fantasy too, especially fantasy.  Maybe I never quite grew up.  My favourite authors are Sherri S Tepper, Ursula le Guin and George R R Martin. I read just about anything else as well though.  I also used to love Stephen King and that lot, but I've gone off them completely.  Has anyone read any of Philippa Gregory's Tudor books?  I enjoyed those and I've loved every Joanna Harris and Linda Holman that I've read.

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 08:36:33 PM »

I've gone off Stephen King, too, Birdy, but I shall have to investigate the other authors you mention...they're all new to me.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 12:50:09 AM »
Hi Toni,
  I like Sherri Tepper and Ursula Le Guin, but haven't read Martin.  My favorite SF author is C. J. Cherryh - almost all of them, though right now I'm especially fond of the Foreigner series.  I also like fantasy - have recently discovered Elizabeth Bear and Catharine Asaro, and am working my way through them.
  I have low tastes in humor (gosh!  now you all know!) and have really enjoyed the vampire series by Mary Janice Davidson - the titles usually begin with "Dead and -" e.g. "Dead and Unwed".  And in non-SF, since I like slapstick, at least in books, I've laughed myself silly over Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.