Author Topic: Halloween countdown !  (Read 14656 times)

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween countdown !
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Another costume from years gone by:

A simple cleric's robe, adorned with the logos of a large number of companies that manufacture integrated circuits.
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 01:16:55 PM »
Belated answer to Greenone:

Her question was something to the effect that why on earth would I have worn the CCB costume to a major video conference.  That is an extremely good question, which I made some attempts to address.

My response (that I deleted before sending) was far too lengthy, delving into corporate culture(s) and conditions at that point in time.  This was entirely contrary to the spirit of the conversation topic (Halloween!), so I shall not bore you with the details.  I guess you had to be there.
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 01:33:09 AM »
Well, tomorrow's the big day. I've scoured about for appropriate garb, and believe that this one says it all!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 01:41:34 AM »
So very much you!  I have sent you a haggish message in your own thread!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 01:49:14 AM »
I take that as the highest compliment, mate, as it comes from one of impeccable haggish taste!  >:D >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 02:34:30 AM »
Thank you!  I, of course, am wearing head to toe hag black, grey nails, gothic pale skin, blackened eyelids and scarlet lips in honour of the sacred upcoming event!!  Have dusted off my trusty broomstick, got the cauldron on simmer and brushed down my black cat.  Book of spells under my arm and teeth filed into razor sharp fangs!  Think I'm all set .... cackle, cackle and triple cackle!! >:D >:D >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 02:37:43 AM »
You'll be a devastatingly fabulous vision in black, mate! Cackle-back triply to you, too!  >:D >:D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »
My dear Hags, Haglets and Honourary Hags,

The day is here! What joy, what unalloyed happiness!  My mood music is playing, (Night On A Bare Mountain, followed by The Sorcerer's Apprentice) my 500hp (Hag Power) broomstick fully charged, and I am almost ready to depart. My familiar, Beelzebub, the cat, and Beelzebubbles (her kitten) are waiting patiently. Modesty forbids me to tell you how glorious I look. Let us just say that the Matted Mousse hairspray and Wonder Wart Widener have improved an already breathtaking appearance.
    Off I go, my friends, for an unforgettable day and night of  debauchery   gentle fun..................

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »

Drat! I completely forgot my eye of bat, and Witchworths have sold out.  Perhaps Owlmart have a few left.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »
I simply Hagdore your new look, binks -- suitably tantalizing!  >:D Heeeheeeheeeheee!

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »
Flirt is my middle name !  :D >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 12:04:19 AM »
We can all learn a thing or from you, fair maiden ...  >:D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »

Well, my dears, what a wonderful night I had ! Met the most entrancing warlock, but managed to resist his advances, persistent though they were. Caught up with some of the old gang at the Covern Cavern, and exchanged gossip as well as recipes. ( got a fabulous one using salamander spleen )
Sadly, the day of days and night of nights is over for another year. Hope you all had as exciting a time as I did!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2008, 10:50:21 PM »
Indeed I did, binks -- I played with the axe-wielding maniac who had the most delectible body parts hanging in his smokehouse, got to pop an eyeball or two (sugar-coated, of course) and babysat with three weird sisters who had the sweetest cackles and pale-blue skin. What a lovely night it was!  >:D