Author Topic: Halloween countdown !  (Read 14654 times)

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
Halloween countdown !
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:01:25 AM »

My dear hags, haglets and assorted devils - it is here ! The month we have waited for has finally arrived. In honour of the occasion I offer you a small taste of what is to come......

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween countdown !
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:08:46 AM »
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D and  >:D!

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:22:48 AM »

I don't think I can top that.......................

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »
I feel my haggish sap rising as we speak!   >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D etc (what threeb said!)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 12:26:04 AM »
Presactly!  >:D  10/10 for haggish behaviour, mate!!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »
I learned it from the best, mate -- YOU!  >:D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:11:12 AM »

Let the wild rumpus start!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »
and stir the cauldrons ...

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
I do have some measure of ill repute for my Halloween costumes.

One of the better ones consisted of a pair of rubber chickens, suspended around my neck with an electrical extension cord.  I wore this over a blue sweat-shirt.

I know that you are all extremely clever.  Can you guess the meaning?

P.S. - I am still trying to dig up a photo of this costume.

- A
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

greenone

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »
Is it something non-Americans would be able to guess?  You've got me intrigued A!

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »
If anything, it's more French.

Most of all, it's food.
Carpe digitus.

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »
Hahahah! After your clue I got it and I am now laughing. Clever a non! :D

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
I really did mean to dig up that photo, just to prove that I was stupid enough to do this, but engineering issues were just a bit too nasty today and I completely lost track of what I set out to do.

There is also a story behind this costume, so I must proceed to bore the rest of you with this.

Time is always short, so the procurement of the necessary items was put off until the night before.  I scoured the whole town for rubber chickens.  No luck, anywhere.  Not in the shops that cater to majicians, not in the places that rent costumes, nada.  I had to resort to a (ACK!) shopping mall.  I went to Spencers, but did not find them.  I had to ask the clerk.  Young teenage guy, who thought he had seen everything.  Until that day.

He seemed rather surprised that anyone would really ask for rubber chickens, but he directed me to the appropriate section that had a single rubber chicken hanging on a rack.  I asked him if he might have any more of them in the back room.  If you had been there, you would have seen his neurons short-cirtuiting.  His jaw gaped, and he asked "you want MORE rubber chickens?".

I could not resist.

Absolutely dead-pan, but with an edge of imagined irritation, I replied, "Well, of course!  What the bl**dy H*ll do you think I would do with ONLY ONE rubber chicken.

This was delicious, but please bear with me.

The next day at work, we had a major video conference to discuss some dreadful problem.  I had to chime in before things got too far out of hand, with a concise definition of what the legislation actually requires and what is the morally responsible thing for us to do beyond that.  Then the director of production reached over and squeezed one of the rubber chickens (which had some sort of embedded moisemaker).  It honked, and the whole lot of them were rolling in the aisles, in several sites.

No, this has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning of the costume.  Please, do offer any guesses you might have.
Carpe digitus.

greenone

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 12:48:10 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love it A.  Was laughing so much the girl in the office next door asked me to forward her the funny joke email she presumed I was reading.  I would love to have been in the department store.  He is probably still wondering to this day what you actually DID with those rubber chickens and the possible reasons he dreamed up were no doubt not something one would repeat in Sunday School!! 

Your next paragraph begs the question - why did you have the rubber chickens at a work video conference?????  You became so fond of them, you had to take them everywhere with you??  And what pray tell, happened to them.  Sitting on your sofa (lounge) perhaps - absolutely part of the family by now?

I think I have guessed the answer now.  Didn't want to spoil it by checking, so have sent you an email - well, at least I think the Chi website has done so.

Any plans for something as funny this Halloween?