Author Topic: My mini disaster...  (Read 11339 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Re: My mini disaster...
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 09:20:15 PM »
Presactly  >:D !!

smaug

• Paronomaniac
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 09:45:59 PM »
Isnt it interesting that the people who get offended easily are often the ones to give most offence themselves!
I am so over people like your workmate Linda. I simply wont put up with them - I also find they are so much younger than me now which irks me more!
The other day some chit of a thing gave me a hard time about an account that was her company's problem and she tried to blame me for it all -"I was only acting on the order that you sent , it is not my fault the order was duplicated and dont raise your voice please [just listen to mine I am not wrong and you are only a customer and you have to pay to return this item and blah blah........]
I simply asked for her immediate superior and let him have it then! Hope the stuck up so and so got a reprimand.
Am I a grumpy old man?

Thanks or the vote of confidence Pat - its nice to be able to have the opportunity to voice an opinion- nobody listens to me at my place!!
cheers

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 06:10:15 AM »
Keep it up all, no holds barred here...i think we pretty much all say what we are thinking and feeling...and i think it's a dying art form...but that is just my opinion... :-\

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
And just watch it, T - how do you dare to have an opinion that might be different from mine!?!   >:D >:D

Oh, that's right...we pretty much agree on things, don't we?

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 08:34:46 PM »
As one who grew up being told not to make a scene, never to argue in public, and never to take the last piece of cake, I have come very late to speaking my mind ! Oh, how I envy today's youth with their self confidence and assurance. It's taken me a lifetime to outgrow my childhood and its well-meaning repressions. Ah well....I can occasionally vent my wrath on an unsuspecting, spotty adolescent at the cash register !

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 12:51:12 AM »
Me too Binkie, but I have learnt well.  I try not to hurt people's feelings, but I will NOT smile politely when I'm being shafted.  Having a quick tongue and temper also means I sometimes hurt by speaking without thinking.  When I cool down, if I feel I was over the top, I go and say sorry, but mostly I feel I was right!