Author Topic: All Hail BBB again!  (Read 5843 times)

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
All Hail BBB again!
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »
Whoopee, Calloo Callay, Hurrah and all that ! I'd given up all hope of toppling YKW from her pedestal.......should have known you'd come to the rescue, Threeb........well done sounds a bit pathetic, but it's heartfelt!  I'm still trying to thrash her in the Standard puzzle.....you really wouldn't want to see my hit rate.....I'm getting desperate!!!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: All Hail BBB again!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:46 PM »
Again, when, on those rare occasions that I can get there, my heart verily leaps from my chest!
Thanks, Binkie - I know how you try, and you get there too, and that makes us all proud!

Cheers,
3-B  ;D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »
Well done, Old Bean....jolly good show and all that....we who have failed salute you!    Standard AND Challenge......I think that calls for some sort of celebration, don't you? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
Again, I thank you. - Look at your standard rate, tho - ya got me there!

Hey, maybe Alan can have some kind of emoticon in our little line-up above, like a dancing baby or fireworks to go off when we really want to give extra accolades! I'm not technically savvy enuf to do it off the web (where I know they exist) unless it's right here on the website.

Cheers, Binkie -
g'day  ;)
3-B
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:26:30 PM by biggerbirdbrain »

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »
OK 3B

Now there's a "[more]" link at the end of the row of smileys that gives you three new ones to choose from.

If anyone can find some good images (that are not subject to copyright), I can add them to our arsenal.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »
 :-) :-V :-L  !!

Eureka! I've found it!

Thanks, Alan. I knew you'd provide.

Cheers,
3-B

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 04:22:25 PM »
I am forced to send virtually the same message as yesterday.............oh Threeb (if I may be familiar) you did it again! After hours of trying to find the last common word, I gave up and went off to do grocery shopping. Halfway around the supermarket, I stopped dead. Just as well there was no-one I knew close by, because I shrieked "Eureka!" (Well, no, I didn't really, but I think I gave an audible gasp.) After that I hurled myself around the aisles, grabbing stuff willy-nilly, so that I could get home to THE WORD. Tonight, therefore, we are having chicken giblets with anchovy and peanut butter topping, served on a bed of budgie seed. Wouldn't you just know it? Got home.....typed in the word.....held my breath..........and it was rejected !!!!!!! To rub salt into the wound, I saw that you, BBB, Oh Great And Exalted One, Oh Fount Of All Wisdom, had gone and got it, whatever it is!  Exit left, weeping piteously.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »
I wanted to kick myself after I got it. It really WAS a common word, but so wickedly elusive, that after I had that Eureka-moment, I thought - WOW - I think I'm going to go to the supermarket for
chicken giblets with anchovy and peanut butter topping, served on a bed of budgie seed.
!
Your stories are so excruciatingly hilarious, but weep not -- you will ascend again, as you have before! Soldier on, Binks. I believe in your power!

Cheers,  ;D
3-B

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »
hi binks - i just re read your profile - are you sure you're not secretely a comedy writer - if you're not you should give it a try - i always find your posts hilariously funny - they make me laugh out loud - - love the chicken giblets with anchovy topping and budie seed -  see ya!
Viz

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 07:05:48 AM »
Well thankyou, Viz, for those flattering comments..........but no applause please.....just throw silver!   :D