Author Topic: New word suggestion  (Read 3856 times)

Mancklin

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
New word suggestion
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »
How about regift? And regifted? And regifting?

Is the concept of regifting confined to cheap lower middle class immigrant New Yorkers such as myself?  To tell the absolute truth I usually only regift in the direction of my daughter, or possibly the garbage can; I have however been the recipient of several regiftings including a Coach bag I have not yet used, and which might, after another few months, be regifted onwards.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New word suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »
Hi Mancklin, and welcome to the ranks of forum posters.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried "regift" myself when I was playing yesterday's puzzle, but unlike you, I didn't know what it means, so I wasn't all that surprised that it was rejected. But I see it's in Webster's New Millennium Dictionary meaning "to give an unwanted gift to someone else". Apparently it originated (the word, not the practice) in a 1995 Seinfeld episode.

So the word and its derived forms will go into the word list soon.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
Re: New word suggestion
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:41:05 PM »
Hi Mancklin!  I was a bit miffed when "regift" was rejected, because I was quite certain it was an accepted word. No, I'm not a cheap lower middle class immigrant New Yorker, either....I'm a middle class(I think!) Queensland British born Aussie. Anyway, as Alan says, it'll be in the word list soon. Mind you, the letters probably won't come up again for a very long time . Welcome to the forum.....but be warned....it's every man/woman for him/herself here.....no holds barred!  :D :D :D :D :D